Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky+ subscription order processing

This is a discussion on Sky+ subscription order processing within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; postman pat how could you say anything posted friday will be tuesday before any delivery is made i can assure ...

nodrog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wskiw
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: SKY+ HD 1tb box
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ subscription order processing

postman pat how could you say anything posted friday will be tuesday before any delivery is made

i can assure you that items posted friday will 95% of the time be delivered saturday ( monday at the latest)

or is the glasgow mail centre the only one doing its job right

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

sky usually take payments directly when ordered over phone using credit or debit card

when ordering online to safe-guard you they will send a letter confirming any payments that have to be made and giving you a payment date, this gives you a longer cooling off period and chance to catch any fruadulent or miss-use of your account details

thats how my broadband order which was done online was handled
      Last edited by nodrog; 03-09-08 at 12:14 AM.

Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
      postman pat how could you say anything posted friday will be tuesday before any delivery is made

i can assure you that items posted friday will 95% of the time be delivered saturday ( monday at the latest)

or is the glasgow mail centre the only one doing its job right
      I cannot comment about Glasgow mail center, however no items posted on friday are guranteed to be delivered on saturday. Royal mail have now in England anyway, do not have have any resourcing for sorting until Sunday evening. Which means items not processed on friday night do not start to be handed until then. This then can delay any items until possibily tuesday , particularly at peak holiday times .

Cambo Slice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky+
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Good news! today i checked the bank account and the 99 has gone out then i also recieved the subscription confirmation letter in the post now i just have to wait for some booklet containing the contract and the viewing card.

Thanks for your responses though.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

You're on your way
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Pat View Post
      I cannot comment about Glasgow mail center, however no items posted on friday are guranteed to be delivered on saturday. Royal mail have now in England anyway, do not have have any resourcing for sorting until Sunday evening. Which means items not processed on friday night do not start to be handed until then. This then can delay any items until possibily tuesday , particularly at peak holiday times .
      glasgow process mail friday evening and dispatch out to offices saturday morning to local hubs, 3.5 tonne box vans have been removed from most delivery offices and hubs are used with a fleet of trucks to dispatch and pick up mail in morning and twice pm we also have and early run by one of our own vans to pick up first wave mail from mailcentre.
      mail on saturdays can be held till monday if traffic figures are high and theres a bulk of second class or mailsort items which can be retained for monday delivery, our delivery office often takes on o.v.o. or diverted mail for sorting mainly ka and ml postcodes to help mailcentre at peek periods or as at present whilst machinery is being replaced and some downtime is being experienced, but i would say 75% of mail posted and uplifted friday goes through the system for saturday
      Royal mail used to be a public service industry this is eroding at a pace we postmen are frustrated, buts thats progress
      Last edited by nodrog; 03-09-08 at 11:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12