Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Having telephone line with SKY+

This is a discussion on Having telephone line with SKY+ within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; We havent got a phone line at present, but would like SKY+, would this be possible? We paid 25 to ...

stormo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Having telephone line with SKY+

We havent got a phone line at present, but would like SKY+, would this be possible? We paid 25 to have normal sky without the phoneline but everytime i email them they come back saying we cant have it. Reading other forums people say I can if i pay the 'fine'.

2. Advertisement
      mike[F] is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Having telephone line with SKY+

Am also interested to know this. The engineer installed Sky+ in our house despite our having no phone line, on the condition that I listened to some terms+conditions over the phone and agreed to them, which basically amounted to me agreeing to get a phone line within 6-8 weeks. However as none of us need or want a landline, and our cable provider is asking for 30 install + 11/month to reactivate our phone socket, would rather avoid it if possible.

Basically does anyone know how big a fine we will have to pay? I have read 120 on other forums, which would actually less than the cost of a phone line and so preferable - so long as Sky don't cut us off as well as fining us (would this happen?)!

Thanks for any help.