Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

picture problem and some weird stuff going on

This is a discussion on picture problem and some weird stuff going on within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi Can anybody help me out please I have a problem with my sky + picture it looses it's signal ...

NIK
      NIK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: ps9ypy
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

picture problem and some weird stuff going on

Hi

Can anybody help me out please

I have a problem with my sky + picture it looses it's signal and goes all pixalated on the screen, this started about 2 months ago and it getting worse, I have reset the LNB but it's still doing it. I even borrowed a friends box to test it but it's still doing the same thing There is a tree outside my house right inline with my sky dish so I think that is the culprit, I don't really want to spend 65 odd quid getting someone out to move the dish, when I had the dish put up would it have not been the engineers job to check for any obsticals that would interfere with the signal, would sky still make me pay even though the dish was put in the wrong position in the first place???

Now here is the weird thing my sky+ is recording things that we have not even put in the planner to record, it's happened a couple of times, my other half has just told me while i'm typing this that the sky+ is recording something we had not even programmed to record.

Can anybody help please

Thanks
      Nik

2. Advertisement
      newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: picture problem and some weird stuff going on

I reckon that the Sky call centre will say that they are not responsible for trees growing.
      ------

Advice given is in good faith and if taken is done so at your own risk. If in doubt consult a qualified person.

Sam Radford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01439
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NIK View Post
      would sky still make me pay even though the dish was put in the wrong position in the first place???
      Yes. If you were worried about the tree you should have said so at the time of installation or at least within the "cooling off period".

Now here is the weird thing my sky+ is recording things that we have not even put in the planner to record, it's happened a couple of times, my other half has just told me while i'm typing this that the sky+ is recording something we had not even programmed to record.
      Hmm, make sure you delete any "failed recordings" then do a "Planner Rebuild". You haven't stated the make/model so that's all I can suggest.
      Sky plus model numbers

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi

Can anybody help me out please

I have a problem with my sky + picture it looses it's signal and goes all pixalated on the screen, this started about 2 months ago and it getting worse, I have reset the LNB but it's still doing it. I even borrowed a friends box to test it but it's still doing the same thing There is a tree outside my house right inline with my sky dish so I think that is the culprit, I don't really want to spend 65 odd quid getting someone out to move the dish, when I had the dish put up would it have not been the engineers job to check for any obsticals that would interfere with the signal, would sky still make me pay even though the dish was put in the wrong position in the first place???

Can anybody help please

Thanks
      Nik

How long ago was the install, if it was in the last year, I would give them a call and see if they would get an engineer out, explain that it should have been obvious to them that the tree was going to be an issue before too long and that if he had at least warned you, you would have asked for it to be sited elsewhere.

If it was over a year ago, then I would bite the bullet and get the dish shifted, you may find a local aerial engineer is a little cheaper than 65.00, but be aware if it is a box or LNB fault, Sky would just swap them for another one for no extra cost, the local guy would charge you (as others have found out recently).

Personally, as you cannot be 100% sure of the fault, I would ring Sky.

NIK
      NIK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: ps9ypy
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Regarding the comment If you were worried about the tree you should have said so at the time of installation or at least within the "cooling off period. It's not a thing a normal householder would look out for when they have sky installed. I am not a sky engineer so to me it would not be obvious that the tree would cause me an issue at the time I would say being a technical engineer the persion would survey the area where the dish was to be placed and accertain if any obstructions would at the time or in the future cause the sky signal to be interupted. Just for your information The sky box is a PACE BSKYB3000 = PVR1 - [9F20nn] 40GB Hard Drive.

Sam Radford is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01439
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm just playing "devil's advocate". Sky will use every possible excuse to charge you. People with trees invariably get charged because "trees grow" and "our engineers aren't tree experts - they can't predict how quickly YOUR tree will grow." Best of luck!