Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

MAgic Eye - Problems connecting it

This is a discussion on MAgic Eye - Problems connecting it within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi, I've had a magic eye for the last 3 years and only the last few weeks i have been ...

Mr Kennedy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

MAgic Eye - Problems connecting it

Hi,

I've had a magic eye for the last 3 years and only the last few weeks i have been having problems with it.

I got sat (RG6?) cable and use ariel connectors to it. But now these will not light up the little red light at all. When i plug the magic eye into the back it still works so know its not that.

I cannot re-run the cable as it goes in and out of walls etc. So it must be the connectors. What am i doing wrong to connect these cables?

Any help would be great. And is there a way to get around this without using solder as i cannot do that at all.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Re: MAgic Eye - Problems connecting it

Most lightly reason is that you have an open circuit. The first thing is to make sure that the screen of the co-ax is making contact with the body of the belling lee connector. The other thing you can do is put a kink in the centre conductor so it makes an interference fit with the hole in the centre conductor of the plug.
      If you have face plates anywhere make sure they don't have decoupling capacitors which would block the DC feed that power's the magic eye. amplifiers will block the DC too if you are using them.