Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Amstrad Sky Plus Box

This is a discussion on Amstrad Sky Plus Box within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I have had Sky plus for about two years. I have to reboot the thing about once a month but ...

EdBA is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Amstrad Sky Plus Box

I have had Sky plus for about two years. I have to reboot the thing about once a month but it seems to be getting worse. I also get some loss of sound and pictures on recordings, usually Channel 4 for some reason. Looking on the internet there is a lot of talk of faults with the Amstrad box, Sky knowing of the faults but not telling anyone and waiting until they were out of warranty, and general warings about the amstrad sky plus unit. I have gone through all the rebooting suggestions including system reset through the engineers menu and another reset which invloves holding down various buttons on powering up which redownloads the software. These seem to wipe the harddrive of all your recordings but makes little other difference. Is this a common probelm? Is there a solution or was this just a duff unit? Can you upgrade your sky+ box and how do you make sure you do not get another amstard unit? Any suggestions appreciated

2. Advertisement
      assos is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      not sure on the specifics of sky + (we only have normal sky) but I suspect if you can prove the box was faulty at time of purchase / not fit for purpose then you might be able to get a replacement box because of your rights under the sale of goods act. Also even if I'm totally wrong here it's worth a try if you can sound as if you know what you are talking about you might just persuade sky that it's not worth the hassle and just get you sorted with a new box...
      Daniel McGiff - Any Questions? No Questions. Any Problems? No Problems.

s00tie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I put up with our Amstrad box until the warranty expired and then purchased a nice pace 160 from the web, never looked back

If I remember correctly though, if you dont get the actual Sky 160 box, when you connect your new box only formats to 80GB.
      LanCraft - A UK World of Warcraft Community