Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No Sat Signal Received

This is a discussion on No Sat Signal Received within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi Folks, Having a problem at the moment and could do with a well informed opinion. Starting on Friday night, ...

pmfrench is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No Sat Signal Received

Hi Folks,

Having a problem at the moment and could do with a well informed opinion.

Starting on Friday night, my Sky+ box (4 years old) starting acting up, the usual stuttering programs, dropping out for a moment etc, and so I put this down to the wind at the time. Yesterday, it went a stage worse and certain channels just wouldn't work at all, in fact the majority wouldn't (the ones that would/wouldn't specifically FTA ones by the way).

My first question then...
      Is it correct to assume because some of the channels worked perfectly the problem is not anything to do with my connections?

Then whilst fiddling around I performed the full system reset but following this the signal has gone totally. If I go to the signal test then nothing is showing and it says it's not locked.

I've got an engineer coming tomorrow but thought I'd get some opinions of others if possible. If theres any info you need let me know.

Paul

2. Advertisement
      dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: No Sat Signal Received

Could be almost anything in the system. Faulty LNB, bad connection, bad cable, faulty Sky+ box. I'd have checked the LNB cable connections at the back of the Sky+ box and swapped then round to see if that made a difference. But it could be anything. If I was looking at this I'd check the connections then swap the LNB and if necessary try realigning the dish. If that didn't solve it I'd be looking at a new Sky+ box. But that's just my view.

If the programmes that have disappeared were all on the same Polarisation then I'd bet on the LNB. Can you receive QVC and BBC1?

pmfrench is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: No Sat Signal Received

Quote Originally Posted by dms05 View Post
      Could be almost anything in the system. Faulty LNB, bad connection, bad cable, faulty Sky+ box. I'd have checked the LNB cable connections at the back of the Sky+ box and swapped then round to see if that made a difference. But it could be anything. If I was looking at this I'd check the connections then swap the LNB and if necessary try realigning the dish. If that didn't solve it I'd be looking at a new Sky+ box. But that's just my view.

If the programmes that have disappeared were all on the same Polarisation then I'd bet on the LNB. Can you receive QVC and BBC1?
      BBC was one of the ones that there were problems with. I can recall Bravo and Sky Screen 1 being two which played flawlessly. Anyways, engineer coming tomorrow so it'll be sorted.