Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Unable to remove battery cover on sky+

This is a discussion on Unable to remove battery cover on sky+ within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; My sky+ will not work and after switching everything off and switch back again, it works. I had to reboot ...

lily48 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01296
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unable to remove battery cover on sky+

My sky+ will not work and after switching everything off and switch back again, it works. I had to reboot it. I wonder why and whether I should contact sky for advice in case it happens again as the warranty expires in June. I thought the batteries need changing and find it difficult to remove the cover. I am still unable to remove the battery's cover on the sky+ and am afraid to damage it. Please can anybody help!!

2. Advertisement
      Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Unable to remove battery cover on sky+

Hi, to take the back off the remote is like trying to swim the channel backwards, difficult. After millions of attempts (no kidding) My missus did it. After she taught me i found the best way was to hold it away from you and pulling the back cover up from the bottom whilst holding the clasp in, good luck

youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Broadband
      Router: Plusnet Hub Zero 2704n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Can be stubborn little buggers sometimes this site shows you how

Removing Sky+ batteries

1. Turn remote upside down and edge on, so keys pointing to left and LED directly towards you.
      2. Make sure you're holding the light grey plastic casing below the cover firmly with your left hand, with the LED end in the palm of your left hand.
      3. Press index finger of right hand against catch.
      4. Use other fingers of right hand to grasp the cover comfortably left and right about half way down the cover.
      5. Press the heel of your right hand against the grey casing, below the cover.

Now all you have to do (all at the same time) is:

1. Press the catch down with your index finger
      2. Pull the cover to the right and downwards with the other fingers on your right hand.
      3. Push against the grey casing with the heel of your right hand (to the left)
      4. Push in the other direction with the palm of your left hand (to the right).

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lily48 View Post
      My sky+ will not work and after switching everything off and switch back again, it works. I had to reboot it. I wonder why and whether I should contact sky for advice in case it happens again as the warranty expires in June. !!
      I wouldn't worry about ringing Sky, it's not uncommon for the box to "lock up" every now and then requiring a reboot mine dose it 4 or 5 times a year. No major hazzle really. They are complicated and operate a bit like a computer so no wonder they crash every now and then.