Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

help needed for dead second input!

This is a discussion on help needed for dead second input! within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; hi all been checking this forum for a few months but cant seem to fix this problem i have. for ...

hkrs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01582
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

help needed for dead second input!

hi all been checking this forum for a few months but cant seem to fix this problem i have.

for a few months i have been getting many jerky recordings on my amstrad sky+ box. i had been waiting until i had cleared all my recordings before trying the various secret resets advised on here (service 401 etc) during this time i noticed from advice on here that my second input was dropping in and out and i believe this is where the poor recordings stem from. i recently started getting more and more really bad recs (part rec, failed etc) due to loss of signal.
      having cleared the drive, doing a planner rebuild and also a seperate full system reset i had no joy to the point that my 2nd input seems to have dropped out all together. i am under no guarantee currently and my box has also got noisier to the point that the fan is constantly on now. Is the hard drive shot or is my lnb knackered?

hoping someone can advise me of what else i can do or what it maybe.

cheers

2. Advertisement
      spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: help needed for dead second input!

It could be many things,damaged cabling (especially if you get water ingress,remove the F from the second input,is it rusty?) the transponder in the box could be shot or the LNB could be shot.Try swapping the feeds & see if that makes a difference or have you tried that?
      The 2nd feed is the primary recording feed so you may have a borked HDrive.
      If the box is shot the are a few places you can buy ones;

Sky Plus Box - Sky Plus Digibox - Repaired Faulty Sky+ Box

You can also buy replacement hard drives there,
      Spike
      Last edited by spike7451; 16-04-08 at 08:49 PM. Reason: link did'nt insert again!