Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Recorded program refused to play

This is a discussion on Recorded program refused to play within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi At the weekend I recorded three programs, the first and third played OK , but the second recording just ...

sol
      sol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 887
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Question Recorded program refused to play

Hi
      At the weekend I recorded three programs, the first and third played OK , but the second recording just refused to play. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and what could be causing it? I have a Thomson box, Model 127k148 with operating system 1.31BO3. The box is just over 1 year old.

2. Advertisement
      -=Ice100k=- is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Recorded program refused to play

Quote Originally Posted by sol View Post
      Hi
      At the weekend I recorded three programs, the first and third played OK , but the second recording just refused to play. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and what could be causing it? I have a Thomson box, Model 127k148 with operating system 1.31BO3. The box is just over 1 year old.
      For your future reference, when providing software details always provide the version number. Also operating system can be derived from the model number.
      However here it doesn't have any relevance.

This process will NOT delete any recordings if followed correctly. Follow exactly as stated. Failure to follow correctly may bugger up your equipment.

Press TV Guide, then the green button to access personal planner.
      Go to the very last recorded programme. Read over the last sentence again, pay attention to "the last recorded programme". Once you've ensured you've selected the right one look at the top of the screen.
      There you will see a yellow indicator corresponding to the size of the event. If you can't see it, you are doing it WRONG, WRONG, WRONG

You need to check if there is a gap between the yellow indicator and the dark blue bar on the right. If there is you need to do the following:

Press Services, then 401 [select], this should bring up Installer Setup Menu (and not the Picture Settings, that comes up if you do it WRONG, WRONG, WRONG ). One of the options is called Planner Rebuild. Select it and press select again if a prompt appears on the screen. A message will be displayed saying "housekeeping, please wait". If it doesn't disappear after 2 minutes, reboot the box by unplugging it, then plugging back in and waiting for 60 seconds.

Otherwise the box will reboot itself and switch itself to standby. This is normal. Give it 60 seconds, switch it back on. Go to personal planner, try playing that programme again. If it still can't be played, it must be deleted. This should cure the problem and prevent it from happening again though

sol
      sol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 887
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Recorded program refused to play

Thanks for the info, I'm recording something at the moment, but once this has stopped I will follow the instructions given>
      Again thanks.