Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Card/box issues?

This is a discussion on Card/box issues? within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I've been having this problem for a few days now. I cannot view any channel on sky, only the freeview ...

xillaxistenz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kingsbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Card/box issues?

I've been having this problem for a few days now. I cannot view any channel on sky, only the freeview channels work. All other channels say I need to upgrade my subscription in order to view them. I have a multiroom subscription, and all the channels work on the other box. Could it be that this box has never been connected to the telephone line, and this has somehow caused the problem, like a timeout period on the card or something? I was told by the guy who installed it that it not being connected wouldn't be a problem at all. Or would it be more of a problem to do with the box, like if I reset it or something?
      Have a few other issues with the box, like sometimes it doesnt power up, just sticks in standby. It also freezes more than I'd like when using the playback controls, whether from live pause or recorded programs. Just wondering if these are usual, unrelated issues with the box, or if I have a faulty one? Have had sky only for about 2-3 moths btw.

2. Advertisement
      kkpolobear is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: billingshurst
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Card/box issues?

with multiroom you need both boxes connected with the phone line or sky will charge you full price for both boxes.
      problem two it sounds like you have got a faulty box there if it does all the things you say it does also is there another air getting to the box like is it under anything or not
      or is it right next to anything
      as that could cause problems