Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Results 1 to 7 of 7

    Sky+ reminder not working

    This is a discussion on Sky+ reminder not working within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi Is anyone else having problems with sky + reminder not always working? I have a few reminders setup for ...

    1. #1
      xblade's Avatar
      xblade is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Troon
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      Ayrshire
      Posts
      77
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Sky+ reminder not working

      Hi
      Is anyone else having problems with sky + reminder not always working?

      I have a few reminders setup for programs I wish to be reminded about ie Prison Break, Medium etc but the warning about progam ready to atart is not flashing up

      Has anyone any suggestions?
      Thanks


    2. Advertisement
    3. #2
      Kaptain Karnage's Avatar
      Kaptain Karnage is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      18
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky+ reminder not working

      I have experienced a similar issue with my regular Sky box. After a bit of experimenting it seemed to happen when programs overlapped (especially if it was due to the earlier one over-running) seemingly due to the first program having to have 'finished' before the reminder would show up.

      Obviously this is just my own observations and Sky+ works differently (have just started using it myself) so not sure what you can do to remedy it. I just got used to setting reminders on my phone or avoid clashes.

    4. #3
      xblade's Avatar
      xblade is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Troon
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      Ayrshire
      Posts
      77
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky+ reminder not working

      Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Karnage View Post
      I have experienced a similar issue with my regular Sky box. After a bit of experimenting it seemed to happen when programs overlapped (especially if it was due to the earlier one over-running) seemingly due to the first program having to have 'finished' before the reminder would show up.

      Obviously this is just my own observations and Sky+ works differently (have just started using it myself) so not sure what you can do to remedy it. I just got used to setting reminders on my phone or avoid clashes.
      I appreciate your suggestion, but my programs mentioned above usually finish a good 5 mins before next sat program is about to start.
      Thanks though for your comment

    5. #4
      Kaptain Karnage's Avatar
      Kaptain Karnage is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Posts
      18
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky+ reminder not working

      When it was happening to me the time a program ended didn't seem to be when the credits finished but when the adverts ended and the next show began, this meant late reminders or reminders only appearing when I accessed the sky guide up to several hours later.

      Hopefully someone more technically experienced will be able to provide you assistance, I can only offer sympathy.

    6. #5
      xblade's Avatar
      xblade is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Troon
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      Ayrshire
      Posts
      77
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky+ reminder not working

      Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Karnage View Post
      When it was happening to me the time a program ended didn't seem to be when the credits finished but when the adverts ended and the next show began, this meant late reminders or reminders only appearing when I accessed the sky guide up to several hours later.

      Hopefully someone more technically experienced will be able to provide you assistance, I can only offer sympathy.
      Very similar to my experience

      Hopefully someone else might be able to 'shine some light' on the problem
      Thanks

    7. #6
      xblade's Avatar
      xblade is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Troon
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      Ayrshire
      Posts
      77
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky+ reminder not working

      I am finding that NONE of my program reminders are working now, which is very annoying
      Anyone else seen this before?

    8. #7
      xblade's Avatar
      xblade is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Troon
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      Ayrshire
      Posts
      77
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky+ reminder not working

      Quote Originally Posted by xblade View Post
      I am finding that NONE of my program reminders are working now, which is very annoying
      Anyone else seen this before?
      Would this be a software or hardware problem?

     

     

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2020. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION