Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Failed/Part Recorded Recordings?

This is a discussion on Failed/Part Recorded Recordings? within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I've just come back from holiday and was expecting all my programmes to be waiting for me. When I got ...

Aletank is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Simonswood - Liverpool
      Broadband ISP: o2 ADSL+2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Failed/Part Recorded Recordings?

I've just come back from holiday and was expecting all my programmes to be waiting for me. When I got home the Sky+ was switched on but was just showing a blue screen, I had to unplug it to get it goin again as it wouldn't switch off, then my planner was showin lots of part recorded programmes or failed, giving the reason of Power Cut. I went to work yesterday and was expecting more recordings but when I came home and switched the Sky+ on it was on the Info channel and again with part recordings saying power cut.
      Some of the part recordings have missed the first part of the programme and recorded the second half.
      When I came back off holiday the hard drive was 50% full and 40% full when I had been to work.
      It is a Amstrad box,my 3rd box in about 9 months!
      I read somewhere that formatting the hard drive may work ? Has anyone had any success with this method ?
      Any advice greatly appreciated guys!
      Thanks Alot

2. Advertisement
      Meteosat is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Porthcawl (S.Wales)
      Broadband ISP: BT INFINITY
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Failed/Part Recorded Recordings?

Quote Originally Posted by Aletank View Post
      I've just come back from holiday and was expecting all my programmes to be waiting for me. When I got home the Sky+ was switched on but was just showing a blue screen, I had to unplug it to get it goin again as it wouldn't switch off, then my planner was showin lots of part recorded programmes or failed, giving the reason of Power Cut.
      Hi, just to say I had that last weekend - I have had no loss of power that I'm aware of but I had precisely the same scenario as you, and lost the last day of the Dubai Golf as a result - quite annoying!!

Also an Amstrad box about 5 months old now
      Cheers