Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

do i just call sky up?

This is a discussion on do i just call sky up? within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; bit long winded so please bare with me..........i currently live at home where my dad has sky hd but is ...

vernall is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

do i just call sky up?

bit long winded so please bare with me..........i currently live at home where my dad has sky hd but is at the end of its 12 month contract with sky.......i am moving out shortly.......my dad no longer wants sky so he said i could take his hd box with me when he cancels his sub and i go....the house i am moving into already has a dish but with only a single feed(for a normal sky digital box)........the dish is within reach by standing on a step ladder....if i bought a quad lnb and the cabling and put these on myself.....would i be able to just ring up sky and subscribe to a package or woud they wanna know the ins and outs of everything? by the way although it is a hd box i wouldnt want to use it for this as cant justify the extra 10 a month for very little choice so would only be using it as a sky+ box...would they enable the sky+ feature aswell when i subscribed?also,if my dad gave sky a months notice-which i know he has to- and i moved out after 2 weeks could i take his card with me and get the remaining 2 weeks worth he has paid for-either as a single feed if iv not done the quad lnb thing by then or if i have done the quad lnb then have sky hd for 2 weeks?

thanks in advance

2. Advertisement
      Fats Domino is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: do i just call sky up?

you can certainly phone them up and subscribe to whatever package you want and they will send a card out to you.if you dont subscribe you will have to pay 10 a month to use the sky+ features.
      if you take the box and the card is still active then it will work wherever as long as its with the box its paired too.when your new card comes you can pair that to the box.

you could ask to have your dads current subscription put into your name and tell them youre moving and what packages you want/dont want and probably keep the card you have im sure.