Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Upgrade multiroom box?

This is a discussion on Upgrade multiroom box? within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I can't find exactly what I'm looking for anyway so maybe someone on here can help? I live at home ...

shorty is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Upgrade multiroom box?

I can't find exactly what I'm looking for anyway so maybe someone on here can help?

I live at home with my parents and we already have a whole collection of Sky boxes; HD downstairs, then multiroom with sky+ in my parents room, and the standard Sky boxes in my room and in my brothers room. Not to mention the phone/internet!

I still have some money left from Christmas and I'm thinking about upgrading the standard box in my room to a sky+ one. I'm just wondering what the price will be considering we already have multiroom? And as for instalation, are more cables or anything needed? Or do they just disconnect one box and put in the other one?

My other option is to see if I can get my parents to agree to swap their Sky+ box from their room, with my standard one. This is a possibility as they never really use the sky+ features. If they agree, is it simply a case of switching the two boxes over?

Sorry to have rambled on so much!

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Upgrade multiroom box?

My other option is to see if I can get my parents to agree to swap their Sky+ box from their room, with my standard one. This is a possibility as they never really use the sky+ features. If they agree, is it simply a case of switching the two boxes over?
      Your standard Sky box will just have one cable going to it in your room. To take advantage of Sky + it needs two cables going to it. If your parents agree, you would need the extra cable either re-routing to your room or a new cable put in.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

shorty is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Your standard Sky box will just have one cable going to it in your room. To take advantage of Sky + it needs two cables going to it. If your parents agree, you would need the extra cable either re-routing to your room or a new cable put in.
      Well I thinkk the current cable on my Sky box goes through to my parents room anyway, so it should be simple enough either way. Are extention cables easy to get hold of should one be needed?

Thanks for your help btw!

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I am pretty positive it should be a standard item.

The connection you will need has an F connector on it so it will just be a case of extending the one in your parents room to your room.

This is a 5m extension briefly looking on Ebay.

5m White F Connector to F Connector Coax Extension Lead on eBay, also, Other Satellite Cable, Satellite Cable Freeview, Consumer Electronics (end time 06-Jan-08 19:00:00 GMT)
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~