Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

need help with syncing tv with sky+ remote gone wrong

This is a discussion on need help with syncing tv with sky+ remote gone wrong within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi folks, I have just signed on to this wonderful site mainly because I was trying to sync the sky+ ...

janen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Lightbulb need help with syncing tv with sky+ remote gone wrong

Hi folks, I have just signed on to this wonderful site mainly because I was trying to sync the sky+ remote with my new Sony tv.

I have an older sky + box (pre anytime feature) and a new Sony T3000

Followed the remote control codes posted here. It used the four digit code as the three digit ones didn't appear to work. I didn't get the TV guide up on the screen so I followed the second part that eventually asks you to press select and the green button. Everything seemed to be ok, the sky remote now does all the things it should, move the channels up and down, change the sound levels and muting which is what I wanted.

Here comes the problem part. It is possible that I put in the wrong 'channel I usually watch tv on' part. I am working in the dark because as far as I know it all just comes through AV1 channel, the Sony remote just switches the tv on and I can use any of the numbered buttons to do that. So I chose 01 as that has come up on the screen when watching the tv. The problem is that now the tv guide, box office, services and interactive buttons don't appear to be responding.

The sky button at the top of the remote is pressed but if I then try any of the four buttons below it I get a black screen and 00 in the top right corner of the screen.

I'd don't mind going back to using the sony remote and not the sky remote for the sound, is there any way I can undo the syncing?
      many thanks for any replies.

2. Advertisement
      janen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: need help with syncing tv with sky+ remote gone wrong

hello again...now I have displayed my ignorance I have just found the reset sequence which has done the trick!

not only got the remote working but the sky remote volume, mute buttons working as well! huzzah huzzah
      Last edited by janen; 30-12-07 at 10:38 PM. Reason: additional info