Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

ordering Sky+ online = some probs

This is a discussion on ordering Sky+ online = some probs within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; We have decided to finally get Sky+ installed. I went to the sky.com website to check prices etc, and noticed ...

Spinal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

ordering Sky+ online = some probs

We have decided to finally get Sky+ installed.

I went to the sky.com website to check prices etc, and noticed its 99 for the box plus 30 install fee if you order online.

So i clicked the upgrade to sky+ etc, but when it get to the screen that shows the current sky products we have and the upgrades selected on the right with the current and new prices.

It keeps showing Sky Multi Room - we did have this but canceled multiroom about 1-2 months ago.

Yet the site thinks we still have multi room and gives us 50 discount on the sky box.

But if i go into the My Account section and view the current statments, multiroom has been removed from that.

Now i would order the Sky+, but why is it showing the Sky multi room if we no longer have it - i dont want to order it only to find that they start charging us for multi room agin (even tho we canceled it and only added sky plus as the upgrade).

Anyone else had a similar problem to this

2. Advertisement
      Fats Domino is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: ordering Sky+ online = some probs

i would order it and get the 50 discount and if your next bill says multiroom tell them you've had that removed already it must be a **** up at their end and keep quiet about the discount on the sky +.hopefully they can lok through their records and see yes you did cancel it.

worst that can happen is they ask for the discount back

greyrider is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

You could try the Currys deal? Sky+ 29 and 30 install, it's open till 24 December. SOME stores are insisting you have to buy a TV as well BUT....many don't - mine didn't and my install is tomorrow
      The first sales person I dealt with said it was only with a TV, but I queried it, saying I'd read in several online forums that that was not correct. She called a supervisor/senior/whatever and, end of "problem". And, yes, it's for existing Sky customers too. Only available in store by the way.

Exchange:
      Thanks

When doing the last of my xmas shopping after work on thursday i had about 20 mins spare till the bus so popped into currys.

First person i spoke to said straight away there was no need to buy a new TV and its open to new and existing customers at the 29 plus 30 sky install fee.

Went back with my mam when she finished work 30 mins later and spoke to a diff person and they sorted it all out for us.

Just waiting for Sky to call us now, which they said would proberly be after christmas but before the new year, and depending on when they ring and what dates/times are free we might possibly have it before new year.

Im thinking it will most likely be after the new year when it gets installed, but were not fussed, just happy that we are finally getting Sky+

greyrider is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Yaay, well done! You'll appreciate a huge difference in usage, the pause/rewind thing is almost enough on it's own. Happy Christmas, hope it comes together as you want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greyrider View Post
      Yaay, well done! You'll appreciate a huge difference in usage, the pause/rewind thing is almost enough on it's own. Happy Christmas, hope it comes together as you want.
      i will, ive already got lists of programs ill set it to record when im at work etc

jamcamuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kingsmead (Bath)
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Just to let you know currys and currys.digital go in to a new deal starting this week with SKY HD for 149 as soon as i get more info ill post it here
      :-) Errrr Right