Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Programme clash?

This is a discussion on Programme clash? within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; We recently had Sky+ installed which has been OK, except at the very beginning when I thought we were getting ...

DH59 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01226
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Programme clash?

We recently had Sky+ installed which has been OK, except at the very beginning when I thought we were getting the 'sound skipping' issue reported on another forum. That seems to have settled, but we're keeping an eye on it (we have a PVR3 box), but the other night we recorded one programme on BBC 2, with no other recordings taking place immediately before or after, and it said it hadn't recorded as there was a programme clash. We were not watching any other programmes at the time, the TV was off and the Sky box was on standby. Can anyone shed any light as to why that would happen?

2. Advertisement
      Spongebob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01538
      Broadband ISP: Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Programme clash?

Hi Bud,

can you record two things at once? I would try swapping the cables over see what happens, try with one in then swap them over. I had some weird problems recently and it was all down to old or dodgy cable.

I assume you have the latest software? Sky+ was a bit picky when we first had it, but after a few software changes our box worked great.

Bob

DH59 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01226
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Programme clash?

Thanks Bob.

Yes, we can record two things at once, but we haven't done it that often and one time we did it was when we had the sound-skip problem.

I don't know about the software - we've only had it installed three or four weeks ago.

I will try swapping the cables tonight.