Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

If U Fix This Problem You Must Be A Genius

This is a discussion on If U Fix This Problem You Must Be A Genius within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi guys. Can someone please help, I am pulling my hair out here. I had a Pace Sky + box ...

Spongebob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01538
      Broadband ISP: Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If U Fix This Problem You Must Be A Genius

Hi guys. Can someone please help, I am pulling my hair out here.

I had a Pace Sky + box which wouldnt record SkyPremiere movies if I set it to. If I pressed record during the film tho, it would record. Also after trying to record the Sky premiere channels, one of the signals would be lost until i switched the box off and on. Skys telephone technical help tried all they could to no avail.
      I HAD a policy with Satellite Direct so i asked them to fix it. all they did was replace the box, with an Amstrad one which i wasnt happy about. This did not work and i noticed that some channels were receiving no signal, the fan was also very noisy. i asked them to change it as it made no difference. this they did a further three times. the last time also swapping the LNB. still not working!!! I rechecked all the cables, connectors, rebooted, reset, upgraded ....everything. It still would not work, infact it got worse as recordings were failing, disappearing and being recorded under the wrong name. Sooooo i decided to buy a new box off 'tinternet and decided to buy a HD one as sooner or later i will buy a HD TV. This i installed today using your instructions ( no probs there thank you guys ).

Guess what? Exactly the bloody same..infact i cant even receive Sky Premiere Channels now at all!!!!! Both signals are at least 70%. The guys at Satellite Direct couldnt explain it, he just said, "sometimes this happens. I cant fix it."
      What the hell is wrong here?? The only thing i can possibly think of is i have a tree which could possibly be in the way as it has grown....as they do!!

But the Sky guys said no it shouldnt make any difference as the signals are excellent. and anyway the other channels are fine..

What do you think?? I have the box on a shelf under the telly, with a dvd player surround sound system on another shelf. He suggested it could be electronic interference from something.

If you guys cant help I will have to call henry from Global Dynamics - Eureka.

baffled

Spongebob.

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: If U Fix This Problem You Must Be A Genius

So the only thing you haven't mentioned is the viewing card. It sounds as thou this has been the only constant thing during the whole process.

Get a replacement card.

Proppinupthebar is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Locks Heath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: 2*Sky+, Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
      Hi guys. Can someone please help, I am pulling my hair out here.

I had a Pace Sky + box which wouldnt record SkyPremiere movies if I set it to. If I pressed record during the film tho, it would record. Also after trying to record the Sky premiere channels, one of the signals would be lost until i switched the box off and on. Skys telephone technical help tried all they could to no avail.
      I HAD a policy with Satellite Direct so i asked them to fix it. all they did was replace the box, with an Amstrad one which i wasnt happy about. This did not work and i noticed that some channels were receiving no signal, the fan was also very noisy. i asked them to change it as it made no difference. this they did a further three times. the last time also swapping the LNB. still not working!!! I rechecked all the cables, connectors, rebooted, reset, upgraded ....everything. It still would not work, infact it got worse as recordings were failing, disappearing and being recorded under the wrong name. Sooooo i decided to buy a new box off 'tinternet and decided to buy a HD one as sooner or later i will buy a HD TV. This i installed today using your instructions ( no probs there thank you guys ).

Guess what? Exactly the bloody same..infact i cant even receive Sky Premiere Channels now at all!!!!! Both signals are at least 70%. The guys at Satellite Direct couldnt explain it, he just said, "sometimes this happens. I cant fix it."
      What the hell is wrong here?? The only thing i can possibly think of is i have a tree which could possibly be in the way as it has grown....as they do!!

But the Sky guys said no it shouldnt make any difference as the signals are excellent. and anyway the other channels are fine..

What do you think?? I have the box on a shelf under the telly, with a dvd player surround sound system on another shelf. He suggested it could be electronic interference from something.

If you guys cant help I will have to call henry from Global Dynamics - Eureka.

baffled

Spongebob.
      The only thing you haven't changed (I assume) is the cabling between dish and box.
      If you force the box to manually record Sky Premier, can you see if you can change channels and try the following channels - Disney (or Talksport), E4, Dave and Sky Movies Indie (or any other Sky Movies except Prem and Prem+1).

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Spongebob, Sorry if this sounds dumb, But who havent mentioned that you are doing this,
      But are you pairing the card to each box after you have a replacement, Sky Movies ect are based on the card, So if card hasnt been paired, Then you will have problems with the premium channels and recording as it might need repairing and activating.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes I have reactivated the cards, but no I havent changed it, that i will request right now good idea...thanks.

I cant receive Sky Premiere at all now. just says No Signal.

The cabling is buried in the wall, but if anyone thinks that that could be a problem, I will run some fresh stuff. There are two cables one which admittedly is 15 years old, the other is new from the Sky+ install.

Im gonna trim the tree anyway, I have nothing to lose.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Thanks

Yes I have reactivated the cards, but no I havent changed it, that i will request right now good idea...thanks.

I cant receive Sky Premiere at all now. just says No Signal.

The cabling is buried in the wall, but if anyone thinks that that could be a problem, I will run some fresh stuff. There are two cables one which admittedly is 15 years old, the other is new from the Sky+ install.

Im gonna trim the tree anyway, I have nothing to lose.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
      OK just to see if its a signal issue and/or prove or disprove the card can you try the History Channel (same transponder as Premier).

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

History Channel also says "No Signal" if you manually scroll thru, some other channels missing too...Biography is one.

What does this mean??

Im intrigued now.

Bob

Thanks

History Channel also says "No Signal" if you manually scroll thru, some other channels missing too...Biography is one.

What does this mean??

Im intrigued now.

Bob
      You can't get low band vertical it sounds like. I'm almost convinced its a cable problem, either you have lost one feed or the box is fed twice from the same LNB output.

What channels can you get?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

All other movie channels, Sports, kids, there are some channels missing, i can list them if it helps.

The two signals are up and running. according to the Signal Test.

If necessary ill replace the two cables with onr of those new double signal ones. The dish has an LNB with 4 outputs, the other two being used by two sky boxes in kids bedrooms (freeview)

Bob

Thanks

All other movie channels, Sports, kids, there are some channels missing, i can list them if it helps.

The two signals are up and running. according to the Signal Test.

If necessary ill replace the two cables with onr of those new double signal ones. The dish has an LNB with 4 outputs, the other two being used by two sky boxes in kids bedrooms (freeview)

Bob
      Signal test tunes to a particular transponder, if the same feed goes to both inputs on the STB then both inputs will be able to see the required signal.
      Can you see Dave or Disney channels?

Actually if you reboot (whilst the box isnt recording anything and then select Movies Prem and record manually then see if you can see any of the channels I suggested above.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast