Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

If U Fix This Problem You Must Be A Genius

This is a discussion on If U Fix This Problem You Must Be A Genius within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Originally Posted by Proppinupthebar Andie, its not interference. No interference would only affect low band vertical signals. sorry mate, have ...

Andie v6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: If U Fix This Problem You Must Be A Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Proppinupthebar View Post
      Andie, its not interference. No interference would only affect low band vertical signals.
      sorry mate, have been there and seen it with a snooper

ps, was abt 25-30 meters away (behind) the dish, and caused the loss of low band V.

2. Advertisement
      Proppinupthebar is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Locks Heath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: 2*Sky+, Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andie v6 View Post
      sorry mate, have been there and seen it with a snooper

ps, was abt 25-30 meters away (behind) the dish, and caused the loss of low band V.
      Sorry mate, find it hard to believe. A snooper may well cause interference but not to a single band and polarity.
      Once the LNB has done its thing, theres nothing to distinguish the signal coming down to the STB as any polarity or band.
      If the snooper was causing interference to a single band and pole it would have to be on the input to the LNB, and Spongebob is only seeing a problem on one, not all of his boxes fed from the LNB.
      Again, I don't think in this case its an interference issue.

Andie v6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Proppinupthebar View Post
      Sorry mate, find it hard to believe. A snooper may well cause interference but not to a single band and polarity.
      Once the LNB has done its thing, theres nothing to distinguish the signal coming down to the STB as any polarity or band.
      If the snooper was causing interference to a single band and pole it would have to be on the input to the LNB, and Spongebob is only seeing a problem on one, not all of his boxes fed from the LNB.
      Again, I don't think in this case its an interference issue.

i agree with you 99%, if it was an interferance issue, the problem could be related to a bad cable as you said, if its not and its just a faulty cable, end result new cable, im just trying to find out what is the cause of this if any outside influence is involved, digi box's are renound for dropping 1 channel or a bunch of channels, just due to a dect fone, i agree that a new cable will must certainly fix this prob, but it doesnt answer why

Spongebob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01538
      Broadband ISP: Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

interesting discussion guys. i do have access to a snooper so it may be worth trying just for information. also interesting about the other boxes which i admit i havent checked as all the channels arent activated anyway.only freeview channels on those. i noticed last night that a radio channel drops too when something starts to record. classic FM i think it was. i will definitely check this on the other boxes now.

i am going to take friday off this week and get it sorted (i hope) as my HD TV arrives too that day .

i am worried that both cables are showing a problem as one is quite new, the other admittedly being 15 years old.

I have the new cable running parallel to the secondary TV cable from the box to a tv in the kitchen, although I have disconnected it during checks, could this have any effect on the signal?

once again thanks for all you help.

Rob

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ok got thru to nice scottish lady called jackie in Livingston today. she got hru to a techie and he said it was a problem with input 2 which IS my 15 year old cable...........so tomorrow i will swap them both for a bran new top of the range dual core cable.
      Installed HDTV today, invested in HD from SKY (temporarily) to test it.

did i read somewhere there was a setting i could change to make the rest of .....normaltv look better?

will let you know what happens tomorrow
      Rob

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I bought 10 metres of dual cable the best you can get from Maplins 2.50 a metre.

one big hole in wall, one bashed thru floorboards, clambering on top of conservatory,............its looking good so far. All channels working, HD also recording better as it was pixellated on a couple i did yesterday (TV came 1 day early.)

So thankyou Proppin, you seem to have solved my problem

I would never have thought about changing cables as the test was saying the signal was present.... but only partly present i fear.
      The tech guys at sky seem to go thru the routine of rebooting, cable checking, update etc. it wsnt until i pushed them that they put me thru to someone whoknew what they were on about. when they agreed with you i didnt even bother with a fly lead i just decided it all needed replacing

thanks bud

Rob

Proppinupthebar is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Locks Heath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: 2*Sky+, Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
      I bought 10 metres of dual cable the best you can get from Maplins 2.50 a metre.

one big hole in wall, one bashed thru floorboards, clambering on top of conservatory,............its looking good so far. All channels working, HD also recording better as it was pixellated on a couple i did yesterday (TV came 1 day early.)

So thankyou Proppin, you seem to have solved my problem

I would never have thought about changing cables as the test was saying the signal was present.... but only partly present i fear.
      The tech guys at sky seem to go thru the routine of rebooting, cable checking, update etc. it wsnt until i pushed them that they put me thru to someone whoknew what they were on about. when they agreed with you i didnt even bother with a fly lead i just decided it all needed replacing

thanks bud

Rob
      Hi Rob, been on a short break so only just read your post.
      It seemed fairly obvious to me that it was a feed issue. Glad its all sorted.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234