Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How long?

This is a discussion on How long? within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Just wondering how long the process usually takes from placing the order to being set up for the Sky+, phone ...

DH59 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01226
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

How long?

Just wondering how long the process usually takes from placing the order to being set up for the Sky+, phone and broadband package.

2. Advertisement
      deicide is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Barnby Dun
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: How long?

Obviously this is my own experience(from 4 months ago) but here you go

Sky+ took 5 days from order to set up and ready to watch.

Sky Broadband took about 2 weeks (got MAC code, received router etc then got activation letter in this time)

Phone was similar to broadband.

I must say the whole process for me was excellent.

Up to now I can't believe I lived without Sky+!!!!

I can now watch Cricket, Rugby, Darts that I have missed for many years.

Anyway I hope it goes as smoothly for you as it did for me and ENJOY!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks deicide.

I can't wait to get set up, but we are still waiting for BT to reclaim our phone line from the telecoms provider we were attempting to transfer to. They mis-sold us the package so we pulled out but BT haven't reconnected us yet. About a week ago the new people simply cut us off without waiting for the line to go back to BT. We've been without the Internet for almost three weeks now, as we didn't even get set up with the new account. Our current provider downgraded us from broadband to PAYG, but I don't have a modem in either of the PCs so that was useless! Even more useless without the phone line!!

deicide is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Barnby Dun
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

That is not good. Make sure BT take everything off the line or your attempt to get Sky Broadband will fail and you will be back to square one. This happened to me a while ago. the previous people had Talk Talk and it was left on the line which buggered up the seamless takeover using the MAC code. This time I was with Tiscali and after receiving the MAC code the transfer was seamless.

You should still get the Sky+ TV up and running soon though!!!

debra999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01270
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I Had a nightmare getting sky talk and surf working. I made so many phgone calls to sky i lost count. The sky+ installation date was set for within the week, and the sky installer came as promised no probs. But the rest was beyond a joke. First of all i did it all online, so cant comment on if that was why i had probs. I sent the MAC code straight away. I rang after a week to find out if all was ok, as id had nothing in post for bb or phone. The BB told me there was no order placed, as phone package dept had cancelled it. Phone people said it was BB dept. I was promised a phonecall back and didnt get one. I rang again 4 days later as i had still not had letter saying when BB would be activated. (now 3 weeks since signed up) Was told it was BT holding things up. Rang BT who said they were up and running fine and had not had requests from Sky. The sarga goes on and on and on... Eventually after about 2 months I was up and running ok. But the phone bill to the Sky call centre to sort this was expensive! Maybe an isolated incident, but i can say i never had sevice so poor from all the other ISP i used. But now its working, its good. Was worth all the hassle coz my hubby loves UK Gold, and if your geting sky, the surf see speak is a v.good price. Incidentally, mu father in law swopped with no probs to sky

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deicide View Post
      That is not good. Make sure BT take everything off the line or your attempt to get Sky Broadband will fail and you will be back to square one. This happened to me a while ago. the previous people had Talk Talk and it was left on the line which buggered up the seamless takeover using the MAC code. This time I was with Tiscali and after receiving the MAC code the transfer was seamless.

You should still get the Sky+ TV up and running soon though!!!
      Oh dear! It was TalkTalk we were trying to move to. I think the line will be clear, due to the complete cut-off that TT did the other week. It's as if we've set up a completely new phone line with BT.

Apparently, we should have the phone line connected up again today. I've requested the MAC code from Plusnet, but theoretically we no longer have a broadband account with them since it was snatched by TT, so I'm not sure whether I need one.