Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sky+ and multiroom

This is a discussion on sky+ and multiroom within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I am thinking of getting this but if the contract is for 12 months what happens if I don't want ...

Wolvo girl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: staffordshire
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sky+ and multiroom

I am thinking of getting this but if the contract is for 12 months what happens if I don't want to continue with multilroom after the 12 months? Do I just get the standard free channels on the extra box and continue with sky+ on the other or do i get nothing on the extra box?

I already have broadband and standard box but if I take sky talk and multiroom I could get the sky+ for 49 with no installation cost. Am I right in thinking this. I know I would then have to pay 10 a month for multiroom for 1 year bringing the total year cost to 179 (49 sky+ 120 multiroom subscription). If I don't have multiroom its going to cost me 130 (99 sky+ 30 installation) so I figure for the extra 50 I could have multiroom for a year. Hope this isn't too confusing. Thanks for any help. Di.

2. Advertisement
      richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: sky+ and multiroom

Sounds right to me, and it's great idear (prob best to wait for confirmation from someone else on here fist)

HiPing is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SELBY
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvo girl View Post
      I am thinking of getting this but if the contract is for 12 months what happens if I don't want to continue with multilroom after the 12 months? Do I just get the standard free channels on the extra box and continue with sky+ on the other or do i get nothing on the extra box?

I already have broadband and standard box but if I take sky talk and multiroom I could get the sky+ for 49 with no installation cost. Am I right in thinking this. I know I would then have to pay 10 a month for multiroom for 1 year bringing the total year cost to 179 (49 sky+ 120 multiroom subscription). If I don't have multiroom its going to cost me 130 (99 sky+ 30 installation) so I figure for the extra 50 I could have multiroom for a year. Hope this isn't too confusing. Thanks for any help. Di.
      Wolvo girl,
      You are right in thinking that you can get Sky+ and multiroom for 49, then 10 p/m. I ordered this yesterday and I confirmed this pricing with 2 different agents. I used my debit card over phone and he deducted the princely sum of 49. I also get a new standard box included. The only downside is that Im going to have to give our bedroom a good going over before the engineer arrives on Saturday, I couldnt live with the embarrassment

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Question Re: sky+ and multiroom

heelo
      ive been with sky for several months with a sky plus box but when i joined the agent who came out charged 49 quid for the box i thought great anytime soon and 40 hours recording but NO i got a refurb pvr1 and i was furious,anyway now i saw the 49 quid deal again and confirmed that pvr3's are the current deal and i would get one (for 80gig and anytime)

i was wondering if anyone has took up the same offer sky talk,broadband,tv and multiroom and got a PVR3 for 49 quid and if it was an amstrad and if they had a choice in the matter

thanks for any help in the future
      spp

jas328sport is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

you dont need to have the full package or any sort of multiroom deal to get sky+ for 49 fitted, you just need to speak to the correct people
      myself and 2 of my mates have just had it fitted for 49 all in and it was pretty easy to arrange.

colinb1604 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01670
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi About 2 years ago I did Just what you are thinking about, then cancelled after the 12 month period, as I could not justify the 10 per month for the amount I was using it, but I now have good quality freeview in the extra room. Sky+ is marvellous and I would not be without it. take the plunge and enjoy. cheers
      colinb1604

goalscrounger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just to confirm what wolvo girl was asking.

Just done exactly that....from one digibox to digibox and Sky + (multiroom) for a one off payment of 49.99 and an extra 10 a month.

I also persuaded Sky to allow me to drop my MAX bb package to MID, even though they initially said I couldn't (this was my bargaining tool to offset the 10 multiroom with my wife!!)

iand68 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gravesend
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jas328sport View Post
      you dont need to have the full package or any sort of multiroom deal to get sky+ for 49 fitted, you just need to speak to the correct people
      myself and 2 of my mates have just had it fitted for 49 all in and it was pretty easy to arrange.

Who are the "correct people"? I've called sky at least 3 times in the last week, trying to get my single box upgraded to sky+, but they want me to either sign up for their broadband (which I cant) or pay 179!!

Wolvo girl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: staffordshire
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am having a new conservatory build in 2 weeks time so will take the plunge then. What I really wanted to know was what happens after 12 months if I cancel multi-room. Do I get any signal at all on the multi-room box? Di.

iand68 - if I am not mistaken you should be able to upgrade from sky to sky+ for 99 and 30 installation cost. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Di.

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Di, After the 12 Months, When you cancel, The additional Sky box (Multiroom) becomes a FTA, Just as if you would have cancelled your main box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast