Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Recording consecutive programs

This is a discussion on Recording consecutive programs within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi all A problem has arisen with my Sky+ but a search on the forums throws up nothing. It could ...

esiotrot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Recording consecutive programs

Hi all
      A problem has arisen with my Sky+ but a search on the forums throws up nothing. It could be I'm doing something wrong so let me know!

When I try to record consecutive programs I find that the first records OK but the next "Fails" As the box is supposed to be able to record two channels, even if the +/-5 minutes is causing the programs to overlap then they should still both record. I should mention that I was not watching another (third) channel at the time.

Additionally when I try to set the box to record a third consecutive program that fails as well!! I would have thought that the box would reset itself when the second failed such that no recording was taking place and the third program should have started OK.

If you are wondering what I was recording it was the EmmyLou Harris evening with three consecutive programs about this fine performer!!

Cheers
      Peter

2. Advertisement
      advid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Recording consecutive programs

.....I think there should be a software download that enables a setting on the remote whereby you (example) Press '1" and RECORD simultaneously and it will record for 1 hour... Press "2" with RECORD at the same time and it will record for 2 hours non-stop on that same channel.... (can do this up to perhaps "9" & RECORD for a whole days (nine hours) recording...

My kids are always hitting problems with their recordings on the kids channels when they want to record consecutive programs one after the other - some play -some don't - some cut off early - some don't - ( also - SKY's timings sometimes are a wee bit awry - what with ads et al) Its annoying when you're watching something and you get "END OF PROGRAM" on screen 10 seconds before the final part of what you're viewing.... have to go back to menu and hope you've got it at the begining of the next recording...

A constant record function would solve a lot of these problems....

ps. I also recorded these Emmylou Harris programs and all mine played back correctly....