Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

A question of sound output....

This is a discussion on A question of sound output.... within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; If I connect the Sky+ to a suitable surround sound system would it give acceptable results using only the two ...

greyrider is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

A question of sound output....

If I connect the Sky+ to a suitable surround sound system would it give acceptable results using only the two front, sub and centre speakers, missing out the two rears? Sort of a 3.1 setup
      The reason being, lack of space, partner not wanting "wires all around the room" yadayadayada.....
      I've a home cinema 5.1 system, which came with a DVD player, that I've currently got plumbed into the PC 5.1 sound card which will do the job, but I don't want to go through all the hassle of getting someone to move the kit for me if it'll end up a pointless, no improvement or worse, exercise.
      BTW, I do find that sound via the TV is quite muffled using the Sky+ by comparison with the old standard box - I suppose because it's intended to be used with a separate amplifier.
      Last edited by greyrider; 03-10-07 at 04:00 PM.

2. Advertisement
      greyrider is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: A question of sound output....

And the answer is......sounds awful!
      There's other problems too, switching to Freeview (built in to the TV) still has sound coming from Sky as does viewing analogue terrestrial - some of us still use it. I couldn't work out how to pipe all three sound signals through the amp' and can't be ars...bothered to add another remote to the collection just to swap the amp' in and out. Waste of effort, gone back to the TV speakers which, on reflection, don't sound that bad at all now the inbuilt equaliser has been tweaked a bit. Roll on a wireless surround sound system that'll be halfway affordable (sigh).