Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Magic eye sky remote problem!

This is a discussion on Magic eye sky remote problem! within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Originally Posted by rolandgeorge i have managed to have 2 sky+ boxes in 1 room with 1 remote each how ...

Woodster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01442
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Magic eye sky remote problem!

Quote Originally Posted by rolandgeorge View Post
      i have managed to have 2 sky+ boxes in 1 room with 1 remote each how can i ensure 1 remote does not interfere with the other box i.e i need 1 remote per box
      You need to get a Global SPC4. This will allow you to have upto 4 sky+ stb's in 1 room with a different remote for each. The only limitation is that you have to use a magic eye and prevent the IR sensor on the stb's from picking up from the remote. http://www.tvlink.co.uk/spc4.htm
      Last edited by Woodster; 30-12-08 at 09:15 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Standard sky remote will only work standard box correctly.

Sky+ remote will work all Sky+ and HD boxes correctly

Sky HD remote will work all Sky HD and Sky+ boxes correctly.

I currently have a Sky + and a Sky HD remote and don't have any problems using either.

You cannot train one remote to do one box, if you have two receivers and they both see the signal from any correct working remote they will change channel. You could cover one of the IReyes on the receiver and run a magic eye to another part of the room via RF2 so that it cannot see the remote when you are using it for the other box but this could be a real pain in the a$$

rolandgeorge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

cheers for that i tried to cover up ir on box 2 but no joy was covering up with tape, then put books in front of the box no joy the only way round it so far is going up close to the ir in question and conrtrolling this way it does interfere with the other box, whats the world coming to if you have to get off your fat a*se to change the telly lol

Meteosat is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Porthcawl (S.Wales)
      Broadband ISP: BT INFINITY
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rolandgeorge View Post
      i have managed to have 2 sky+ boxes in 1 room with 1 remote each how can i ensure 1 remote does not interfere with the other box i.e i need 1 remote per box
      It may be possible to angle the 'magic eyes' so that they don't conflict. Altering the channel for transmission I don't think would solve the problem.

Out of interest, I solved the problem of a DVD recorder not seeing the magic eye properly, though sitting almost on top of the Sky + box, by taping a very small piece of cooking foil alongside the DVD recorder IR receptor and angling it so that the beam would be more directed - weird but it works a treat and is so small as to be virtually unnoticeable. You might try this trick with your Sky + boxes, if you locate the IR receiver and just tape a small piece to act as a barrier.

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12