Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Amstrad Sky + Box and TV Sender

This is a discussion on Amstrad Sky + Box and TV Sender within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I just have a SKY+ Box and a TV. I want to use a sender to broadcast my Sky+ box ...

rubric is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Amstrad Sky + Box and TV Sender

I just have a SKY+ Box and a TV. I want to use a sender to broadcast my Sky+ box upstairs.

On the back of my SKY + box there are 2 scart outs although one is labelled VCR if i plug the sender into the VCR one will that affect my TV i know when i tried this a while ago with my Freeview box it cut the picture to my tv.

If not does anyone know if you can get a lead that will split the out from my SKY+ box into two so i can plug one into the tv and one into the sender?

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Amstrad Sky + Box and TV Sender

All the video senders I have used have it already set up so you stick the sender plug into the back of the TV input and the tv lead into the sender output and there is a flying lead which goes off to the video sender, it's very unusual to have to manually split it your self.

Can you stick a photo of the leads that came with your sender up so we can see what you have?

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided Adrian View Post
      All the video senders I have used have it already set up so you stick the sender plug into the back of the TV input and the tv lead into the sender output and there is a flying lead which goes off to the video sender, it's very unusual to have to manually split it your self.

Can you stick a photo of the leads that came with your sender up so we can see what you have?
      Just normal scart leads. Which means i had to keep changing them over with the freeview box. I haven't yet tried with vcr slot on the sky+ box yet.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Thanks

Ok there are a couple of ways that I would do it depending on your system setup, based on what you told us I'd try one of these.

1st would be just to get a scart lead that splits into 2 connectors at one end.

Maplin > SCART Plug to Two SCART Plug Lead

the single end would plug into the TV end of the Sky Box and then the other 2 would go into the TV and sender.

2nd is to use one of the leads I described earlier where you get a lead that would effectively act a through connector and this would go onto the sky TV output and the TV lead would go into the other end of the box and then you have the 3 phono connectors to go off to the sender.

Maplin > SCART to 3 Phono Adaptor

And if you need to convert the phono back to scart

Maplin > SCART to Phono IN Adaptor

although make sure you get the one that will work in the right direction, as it seems that you can't get universal in/out ones any more.

Hope that is of some help.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I think it will work ok if you plug it into the VCR scart. I have mine plugged into a DVD recorder and it does not stop the TV one working. I know this as I have the TV out plugged to Scart 1 on my TV and the DVD to Scart 2. Both send a signal as changing the scart channel swaps from TV to DVD and vice versa.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided Adrian View Post
      1st would be just to get a scart lead that splits into 2 connectors at one end.

Maplin > SCART Plug to Two SCART Plug Lead

the single end would plug into the TV end of the Sky Box and then the other 2 would go into the TV and sender.
      Sounds like the perfect solution.

Many thanks i apreciate that.

Meteosat is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Porthcawl (S.Wales)
      Broadband ISP: BT INFINITY
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rubric View Post

Many thanks i apreciate that.
      Just a small caveat - with my ye olde digisender dg200 mk1 splitting the SCART lead brings a reduction in video level - not unnaceptable, but noticeable.

Cheers

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

It takes only a few minutes to try plugging direct to the VCR socket, why not try this first?

If you decide to go this way, remember you will also need a coupler, as these cables terminate in a male plug. Your sender unit will also be male so cannot be connected to the cable without one.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.