Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cancelling multiroom and reducing package

This is a discussion on Cancelling multiroom and reducing package within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hello there Been looking around for an answer to my poser but can't seem to find one! Basically I currently ...

boevets is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: cleveleys
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cancelling multiroom and reducing package

Hello there

Been looking around for an answer to my poser but can't seem to find one!

Basically I currently have max sky+ package and multiroom and pay 54 a month for the pleasure. Have no problem with the service everything is great but we are having first kiddie and money is going to be a bit tighter!! (You can see where this is going....)

So want to cancel multiroom and reduce package to the 21 a month version

BUT I also want to change ISP from PlusNet to Sky as the price is very tempting with Sky. I'm a tad confused where to start really!

If I cancel multiroom (Sky+ in Living Room and old Grundig sky digi box upstairs) will they come to take down extra cables? sounds a bit daft but will they just leave it all connected and remotely switch me off or what?

If I take the 21 sky package and cancel multiroom and take sky max BB (10) and still pay BT ,line rental of 10.50, I save in the region of 50 a month!! Sounds mental but i'm sure i'm right...

Is it as easy as that???????

2. Advertisement
      penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Re: Cancelling multiroom and reducing package

Sky will not come out and remove any cabling, this would cost them money!
      Cancelling multiroom will result in your second box reverting to receiving the freesat channels. You could go down as far as 1 mix for 16 a month, still retaining Sky plus functionality (which is free whilst you subscribe).
      Are you sure you need BB Max, if you are a long way from the exchange then the mid package at 5 might be better value, although your upload speed is half that of the max package.

So 21 for Sky and Broadband plus whatever you pay BT.

boevets is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: cleveleys
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cancelling multiroom and reducing package

Thanks for the response!!

At least i will still be able to use the upstairs box then, even if it is just the Freesat channels for now (until i get a magic eye or video sender - whichever).

I think 21 for all of the mixes is as low as I want to drop for now - it's a big enough wrench losing movies and Sports, don't make me give up everything......

I am actually quite close to the exchange and do use my PC a fair bit so was thinking max would be better for me!

Thanks very much for the advice!

(I hope my Mrs doesn't read this - i'll end up with a freeview box and dial up at this rate..........)