Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving House with Sky+

This is a discussion on Moving House with Sky+ within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; OK bit of a long one this..... We are moving 3 roads away to a house that already has sky+ ...

donz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01438
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Moving House with Sky+

OK bit of a long one this.....

We are moving 3 roads away to a house that already has sky+

Do we need to have a phone line connected to be able to move the sky+ box and card to the new house and for it to function correctly?

I ask this because I moved the box from my original flat to the house we are staying in at the mo with an active phone line with no problems and no sky intervention required, but if you try to do anything interactive using the phone line it doesn't work, which makes me think it doesn't recognise there is a phone there anyway?

Problem is BT wants 120 from us for a line there so we have gone with Virgin (who the previous occupants used) but they can't get the line sorted until 'sometime' next week and obviousley I want to be able to watch/record my tv before that!

Please put me out of my misery and say it will be fine (and mean it lol!!)

2. Advertisement
      donz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01438
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Moving House with Sky+

Having just spoken with an independant engineer, he tells me you just plug in and off you go, no need for the phone line if after 1 year and no multi room.

if you have multiroom you will need the phone line connected.

Lets just hope it goes that well on move day!!