Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Multiroom Installation

This is a discussion on Multiroom Installation within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I currently have 1 sky plus box and am getting multiroom another Sky + box installed this week. I know ...

skiesthelimit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Multiroom Installation

I currently have 1 sky plus box and am getting multiroom another Sky + box installed this week. I know the Sky engineer will be fitting a quad LNB to the dish, but how much other cabling work will they do? E.g. If I say I want the 2nd box to go upstairs in this room and the nearest phone line is over there! - Will they do the coax and phone line cabling?

thanks

2. Advertisement
      sat.guy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: sky hd, sky +
      Thanks

Re: Multiroom Installation

they will put the sky+ where you ask them to as long as they can get to the room out side to run the cable from the dish
      they will also run a phone cable from the easyest socket in the house to that room
      all infomation i give is advice only

Regards
      Sat.guy

attaboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Multiroom Installation

Hi Skiesthelimit,
      Yes the Sky installer will provide and install all of the necessary cabling to the 2nd Sky + box which can be located in any room of your choosing. As your Sky installation now becomes a multi-room environment, both (all) set top boxes must be connected to the same telephone line that accepts incoming and outgoing calls. The Sky installer will also connect the 2nd Sky plus to the nearest telephone socket as he will need to activate the 2nd viewing card over the Phone line from the box. With a little planning, it is worth while to self install a telephone extension socket close to the sky box location.