Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky + TV link

This is a discussion on Sky + TV link within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I run a TV Link to a room above the main SKY + box just one outlet.I received a message ...

wulfstan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: cambridge long road
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cool Sky + TV link

I run a TV Link to a room above the main SKY + box just one outlet.I received a message no signal received.spoke to sky.they wanted 65 engineer to visit.I declined that.so went about sorting myself.There was one cable connection upstairs then the plug to tv link then tv.I checked the first connection using the tv link.no light shown.so decided to install a new TV link,double checked all connections,New tv link still showed no signal.Anyhow I went ahead and joined up the system.with the TV link in place.LO and behold I had SKy,I could change volumn turn tv on or off .but cannot change the sky channels,any ideas please.or do I give SKY 65 Cheers

2. Advertisement
      spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky + TV link

Not 100% sure I understand completely your explanation (the "no signal part" confused me) but here goes.....

I assume you have enabled the 9V RF output in the Sky+ Services menu? If not then the LED on the TV Link won't light up and you won't be able to control your Sky+ box.

Here's how to do it:

Turn the Digibox on and press the following button sequence

Services
      Select

Now use the "down" arrow button to move the on-screen highlight bar down to RF POWER.
      Use the "right" arrow button to change it to say "ON".
      Use the "down" arrow button to move the highlight bar to "Save Settings".
      Press Select.

The LED on the adapter should now light and you will now be able to control your box.

Alternatively, if you have a Ariel plate/socket in the second room that can sometimes prevent the 9V remote signal passing through it. You can check this and/or your wiring to the second TV isn't the cause of your woes by connecting the TV Link directly to the RF2 output on the back of your Sky+ box and check that the LED illuminates.

spcdust
      Last edited by spcdust; 07-08-07 at 06:44 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks shall give it a try

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

spcdust I checked that the RF outlet was on. the sky + plus box was on and playing downstairs, I disconnected the RF outlet cable from back of Sky + box (that is the middle socket- top one inlet and bottom of 3 the TV) and connected the TV link direct to socket.no light shown on link. so removed and connected the new tv link no light,) either the old link is not working or the new link I bought from Maplins yesterday is the wrong type or that is U/S as well.the new TV link bought yesterday is not the normal one provided by Sky.but Maplins assured me it was OK.The old link worked on my old Sky digibox and Sky+On the box of new link it justs mention sky not sky +.Anyhow thanks for your support.

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hmmmmmm.....that sounds puzzling.

If the RF2 power is selected to "On" via the Sky+ services menu and you are definitely directly connecting the TVLink to the RF2 output socket and still no light then sounds like a fault on the Sky+ unit.

One last thing you could try, first connect the TVLink to the back of the Sky+ unit and then go through the procedure/checking that the RF2 power setting is correctly set in the Services menu (small possibility that connecting the TV Link to the Sky+ unit once the RF2 power is selected to "On" could short the circuit and revert the RF2 power to "Off" on the Sky+ unit).

If your Sky+ unit is faulty and under warranty then Sky will replace your unit with an equivalent refurb one - if your out of contract they will try and charge you 65.00 - but you could always say that in that case you want to cancel and they will often waive the charge (but be polite but firm/resolute)

spcdust

Xorro is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: BT Hine Hub 3
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

If you have any splitters between the sky box and where the TV link is connected check them too.

My TV link suddenly stopped working, so I checked the Y splitter in the roof and replaced it, all fine again!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am going to try one last thing.I am awaiting some new cable ,the one in house at present was fitted by SKY originally 10years ago.Should have delivery tomorrow ,themn re install one legnth of cable to the TV link a new TV link bought ( this type with screw fitting F plug,If all goes well.shall let you know .if not a polite but stern word with sky .I have a good contract with them.all facilities etc.phone broadband.approx 90 a month. Iam out of warantee but insurance starts 3 SEPT.so lets have a bit of fun thanks