Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New user to sky+ but problems wiht sync recordings help

This is a discussion on New user to sky+ but problems wiht sync recordings help within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi all got a sky+ box (amstrad PVR3) fitted about 2 weeks ago, Now the first box lasted 1 day ...

meridius is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

New user to sky+ but problems wiht sync recordings help

Hi all got a sky+ box (amstrad PVR3) fitted about 2 weeks ago, Now the first box lasted 1 day as it would not record from sky planner at all so i phoned sky and thay came out and replaced the box with another new amstrad.

now it had the old software on the box meaning no anytime tv which i was not bothered about i recorded about 5 shows over a course of 4 days all where fine apart from one it was out of sync with the picture this was a show from ITV. I deleted it and was not happy anyway 2 days later my box got updated to the latest software which has anytime tv on which i turned off, I recorded about 4 more shows and noticed another tv program was out of sync on sky one so this was the 2nd program i recoded that has done this out of about 9 shows in 2 weeks of owning this box.

so the question is there a problem with the sky+ boxs or is this normal i am getting to the point i want to record a show the old way by using my dvd recorders harddrive as i have never had any problems like this before.

do you think the box needs replaced is it becasue its an amstrad i have herd pace have the same problems ??? or is it just amstrad.

i am sick of this has anyone had this problem on pace or amstrad what can i do to fix this or is it a replacment box.

do shows go out of since this much when recored to harddrive ???

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: New user to sky+ but problems wiht sync recordings help

anyone help ??

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

difficult to say, but I would guess it may be a problem with teh sat feed.

Try swapping the sat cable connections at the back of the box and see if this has any impact on your viewing.

If another engineer has to come out, get them to swap the LNB incase the problem lies there.

Skygazing is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Scarborough MYSCA
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Meridius - this occurs every so often on my Thomson box, so maybe its not just specific to Amstrads. To get it back in sync I hit the stop button, go back to the planner and reselect the recording. This brings it back in sync. Have also noticed when whipping thru adverts at 30x line speed that the audio can lag the video when play is selected.

itsallbroken is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm in the same position skygazing mentions - thompson box, and have used the same method to resync. I've also had issues when going through at 30x that there's then no sound at all, till I backup and reselect the recording. (Not helpful I know, just letting yah know you're not alone :-) )

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

can bad weather cause this i would of thought if the signel was lost becasue of bad weather it would say part rec ???? its just happend again 3rd time in 2 weeks it was raining but like i said i would not thing it would casue this ?

anyone