Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Picture out of sync with sound

This is a discussion on Picture out of sync with sound within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Having got the 3 month for 3.00 movie offer I've been busy recording movies to dump down onto DVD. I've ...

penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Picture out of sync with sound

Having got the 3 month for 3.00 movie offer I've been busy recording movies to dump down onto DVD.
      I've noticed that on al east a couple of occasions the picture on the playback is out of sync with the sound. Its noticeable enough to be a tad annoying.
      Its subjective but it seems to be more prevalent on the movie channels than on the basic ones.

Anyone else found this, and more important can it be fixed?

BTW Its a newish Pace Sky + box.

2. Advertisement
      ervidel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Picture out of sync with sound

hummm...
      it could be due to various problems. Since you say it's a new box it is more difficult to suggest anything from my side.

I would suffest you do more testing and post the results.
      as you might know there are Vertical and Horizontal transponders and there are several channels within the same frequence. Now, you say you get more out of sync when on the movie channels. go here htttp://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html (copy and past the link and take one of the "t" off). try to figure out which transponders are affected.
      this way I think you can narrow down your problem.

regards

ervidel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Picture out of sync with sound

If that box comes from sky don't bother too much, it's easier to get an engineer from them to take a look at it. Can you tell us if the recorded programs are stored on your HDD when the box is on standby? Try recording only one channel while watching it. compare the recorded while watching with the recorded while on standby. I found that my box records from LNB input one while watching and from input 2 while in standby. Note that if you are recording while watching and then put the box in standby it will not change to input 2. You will have to program the box to record someting after you have put it in standby.

let us know

regards