Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TRUE OR FALSE , false or true

This is a discussion on TRUE OR FALSE , false or true within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; because i have had sky+ multiroom for a few years now and i used to unplug the phone connection to ...

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Unhappy TRUE OR FALSE , false or true

because i have had sky+ multiroom for a few years now and i used to unplug the phone connection to stop the kids using the interactive services i have done this twice now and i get letters through telling me im breaking the contract and to plug it in i ring them and explain i have had multiroom for 2 years now maybe and its upto me if i unplug the phone line they still say i have to have it plugged in SKY LAW lol

is this right if im right what can i say to them that will stop them sending threatning letters to me

if their right i keep it plugged in as it is anyway now

2. Advertisement
      PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: TRUE OR FALSE , false or true

the network checks the box is there every 6 weeks roughly - don't owrry i dont have it plugged in either the engineer lent me an extension lead so we could activate it

stuff em if they want to compain, ity's 10 a month id could save elsewhere.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yep there right its "SKY LAW" after my forth letter they put the subscription for my second box up to 34 a month, they said I had a choice pay it or cancel the multi room subscription so I cancelled, this also was after the 12 month contract period. I believe its to stop people giving the second box to a friend and splitting the subscription 50/50.

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

thanks guys so it is just a myth that you can unplug if you want after the year i keep it plugged in then as i need it upsatirs for the kids dont want them watching my tv lmao

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      Yep there right its "SKY LAW" after my forth letter they put the subscription for my second box up to 34 a month, they said I had a choice pay it or cancel the multi room subscription so I cancelled, this also was after the 12 month contract period. I believe its to stop people giving the second box to a friend and splitting the subscription 50/50.
      Can they do that?

they sre funny buggars - if you pay an extra 25 on a single box you don't have to have it near a phoneline - we have had sky before and not had a phoneline in the house

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If you only have one box you can unplug the phone line after one year. If you have multiroom you are not allowed to unplug the box's ever.
      The reason is, say I had multiroom at 47 per month and I gave my second box to my Mum and we split the subscription 50/50 it would be 23.50 each, instead of 37 each if we had a standard subscription each. Being plugged into the phone line is there way of checking the box is still in your house.
      Last edited by Koala5; 27-06-07 at 12:11 PM.

d3fiant is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Emerson Valley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

apologies if Im over simplyfing this but why not keep the multiroom box downtsatirs plugged into the phone and the original box upstairs with no phoneline...just a thought, obviously only works if both are sky+ otherwise it could be a pain
      SKY BB MAX
      -=Main PC=- C2D 6600 - AB9 Pro - 896MB GTX260 - 4GB RAM DDR667 - 1.8TB Storage

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by d3fiant View Post
      apologies if Im over simplyfing this but why not keep the multiroom box downtsatirs plugged into the phone and the original box upstairs with no phoneline...just a thought, obviously only works if both are sky+ otherwise it could be a pain

sorry i didnt explain normal upstairs sky+ (big daddys lol) downstairs

onebubblygal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: littleborough
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newskyBOd View Post
      because i have had sky+ multiroom for a few years now and i used to unplug the phone connection to stop the kids using the interactive services i have done this twice now and i get letters through telling me im breaking the contract and to plug it in i ring them and explain i have had multiroom for 2 years now maybe and its upto me if i unplug the phone line they still say i have to have it plugged in SKY LAW lol

is this right if im right what can i say to them that will stop them sending threatning letters to me

if their right i keep it plugged in as it is anyway now
      The phone line has to be kept plugged into the multiroom box for the entire time you pay a multiroom subscription, the reason being it is a subsidised box, so therefore you would have to pay the full amount each month for the service. If you read the terms and conditions of multiroom it will tell you this. sue

newskyBOd Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

thanks guys for the advice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)