Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky+ installation advice

This is a discussion on Sky+ installation advice within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; had no probs with install they were happy for me to run the cable in the loft myself...

bertyweir is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ installation advice

had no probs with install they were happy for me to run the cable in the loft myself

2. Advertisement
      spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shane-smith View Post
      I doubt they'll bother relocating your old Sky box for you. I say this with bitter experience: Sky's installers are incompetent, rude and only bothered in getting the job done quickly.

Mine left a gaping hole in the wall, the wire from the dish down to the window not even attached to the wall (was floating in the wind and my neighbour complained to me) and didn't even care about attaching the wire from my phone to the Sky box along the skirting board.
      Thanks for that,Tar+brush means we're all the same then!
      Ever thought that some customers can be the same as well....
      I nearly got sacked for breaking the rules to please a customer!!!Never again! I've learnt from bitter experience that if you do a favor for a customer,7 out of 10 of them'll sh!t on you! (The last one was the mother of a friend!!!!)

RobTheRover is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi everyone.

This is my first post, so go easy!

I've been a Sky Digital subscriber (the full monty package) since 2001, but I wanted to reduce my costs, so called them on Sunday. They have dropped my package price to 30pcm and sold me a Sky+ box for 49. Today, it was fitted, a full four days later, by a chap who called me at 9am to say he'd be with me about 3pm. Turned up at 2:50pm in a white van, no Bart Simpson or Keifer Sutherland or some Man u mug parked outside my house. After a quick cup of tea (maybe this is what swung things?) while we discussed cable runs, best Sky+ box to have, etc, he proceeded to fit the new LNB, run a second cable, drill the hole, tuck it all away under the edge of the carpet, and rig the box up. He even plugged the optical cable from the Sky+ box in to my Surround amp. Absolutely first class service, I'm sure you'd all agree.

So I've been using the box for a couple of hours now, and wonder how I've lived without it for so long!

I guess the moral is there are good installers who care about their work, and there are not so good installers. This chap was spot on, and he didnt drive a big van with those three big letters on the side.

I hope my transfer to SkyTalk and Sky Broadband in the next 2 weeks go as smoothly.... now where did I put the manual for my NAS box? ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12