Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ Planner plays up since Sky Anytime Took Effect

This is a discussion on Sky+ Planner plays up since Sky Anytime Took Effect within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Has anyone else found their Sky Planner is messing about after the Anytime changes took effect? I have a Thompson ...

DeeLondon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky+ Planner plays up since Sky Anytime Took Effect

Has anyone else found their Sky Planner is messing about after the Anytime changes took effect?

I have a Thompson Box and sometimes you select the red button to show your recorded programmes in A to Z order and it says no programmes exist when clearly there's like 20 programmes in the list.

Only way I found to cure it is to do a full system reset and have it delete all programmes and start again - but then happens again after a few days.

I quite like Sky Anytime expcet the crap kiddy programmes it tapes - when there's no kids in the house - but watched about 2 programmes I'd not normally have taped myself.

2. Advertisement
      D24601 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sutton-In-Ashfield
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ Planner plays up since Sky Anytime Took Effect

Quote Originally Posted by DeeLondon View Post
      Has anyone else found their Sky Planner is messing about after the Anytime changes took effect?

I have a Thompson Box and sometimes you select the red button to show your recorded programmes in A to Z order and it says no programmes exist when clearly there's like 20 programmes in the list.

Only way I found to cure it is to do a full system reset and have it delete all programmes and start again - but then happens again after a few days.

I quite like Sky Anytime expcet the crap kiddy programmes it tapes - when there's no kids in the house - but watched about 2 programmes I'd not normally have taped myself.
      Well I've just done that on my pace box & its showing A-Z on mine,Not sure what progs anytime will download yet as its only done that American pie film showing on sky prem,that crappy kids thing class of 3000 & some sport thing a futbol mundial whatever that is-shame we cant choose Not to download the crap we don't want, Give it a few weeks to see if sky find a bug with certain boxes & download a fix too,But don't understand why the A-Z things bothers you so much to do a reset,the A-Z ain't something i bother with i just look down list & find what i want to watch
      D

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D24601 View Post
      But don't understand why the A-Z things bothers you so much to do a reset,the A-Z ain't something i bother with i just look down list & find what i want to watch
      D

Well glad it doesn't bother you - but seeing as I've already taught my 65 year old mother the easiest way to find all her recorded programmes which all begin with the letter "K" is to first order it A to Z rather then go through the entire list - I'd like the A to Z bug fixed.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

OIC its not you,its for your mothers sake,Yep i suppose your right it is the easiest way if you have lots of recordings, I'm happy your mother can use it,no matter how many time i show mine it still goes in 1 ear & out the other & that was just the standard sky box ,If its a known bug I'm sure sky will download a fix as soon as they find one, Drop em an email just to make em aware there is a problem,you never know you could be the only one
      D

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well she still messes up - I went abroad for 3 weeks and both parents claimed the box wasn't working - when I got home I found they were using the original Black Sky remote and not the newer Grey One ..

But yes for some small stroke of luck all her TV programmes begin with "K" and the easiest way to view them is to order them A to Z and then press copy over them and the box plays them in sequence.

I was hoping Sky just read the forums - and if they do I wish they'd put in the sky box a mode designed for parents who don't know how to use sky very well -

For instance a cut down menu - or a way to personalise it much more and just put the bare essentials on there.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

<LMAO> "Well she still messes up - I went abroad for 3 weeks and both parents claimed the box wasn't working - when I got home I found they were using the original Black Sky remote and not the newer Grey One",

Umm now that sounds familiar,mine just pokes all of em & hope one remote does something to the box,but i suppose its confusing when i have 6 on this table,But next door has sky & she's always on phone "I'm stuck on a menu"-how the hell she freezes it I'll never know.

10 mins now & i still cant think of a single program that begins with "K"
      yep lets hope sky read the threads,

ohh i get what you mean about menu things like this DVD recorder here has 2 menu settings simple & advanced-yep that would help some oldies & probably me too
      D