Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky + Installed yesterday,Is this normal for a pace

This is a discussion on Sky + Installed yesterday,Is this normal for a pace within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi Folks, I had a new Pace TDS407N installed last night ,upgraded from standard pace Sky box,Now I've noticed when ...

D24601 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sutton-In-Ashfield
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky + Installed yesterday,Is this normal for a pace

Hi Folks, I had a new Pace TDS407N installed last night ,upgraded from standard pace Sky box,Now I've noticed when i change channels it seems to take a few seconds to change,OK a few seconds ain't long,But the standard sky box did it instantly, Is this normal for this box type.
      Yep i paid full price 159(inc Installation) But i thought it worth it as i wanted Sky+ for years but didn't want to pay the extra sub only to find out on here it was free anyway as i have all movie channels.
      It kinda reminds me of my old ntl box with the slowness,I just hope i don't have to reboot the thing 3-10 times every day like i did with the ntl box
      D

2. Advertisement
      saleshark is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: nantwich
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky + Installed yesterday,Is this normal for a pace

I have the same Pace Sky+ box and it changes instantly.

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I also have exact same box and channel switching is instant - think you might want to look into that as dosn't sound correct. I know that some have reported the Amstrad box seeming a bit "laggy" and that's one of the many reasons a lot of people want the PACE box.

spcdust

jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

You could try updating the firmware..

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayhab View Post
      You could try updating the firmware..
      Thanks for replies guys, tried an update last night backup button then power on Wait for screen,No change so then tried changing feeds over that did nothing either.
      Not sure if its me but last night got "No sat signal being received" on horror chan,itv1,bravo,living. only on a few. I only noticed as i set it to record a film on horror & then noticed no record light on,so checked that Chanel,After all that i tried my old standard box & still same on certain channels-So its making me wonder now if its an LNB fault as both signals looked good or even the new cables installer put in as i never had the loss of a few channels before either all due to weather or all OK.
      but all channels OK this morning again
      D

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I would call Sky and ask them to do a 90 Days Reinstall, You should get a Brand New Box and it installed again, It may look like you have a duff box, Ours is instantly and same with our old.

Seeing as you paid 159 the full whack, I wouldnt settle for anything less!

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What are the signal strength and signal quality indicators showing? Maybe the installer has knocked your dish/lnb out of alignment or, as you say, the lnb itself is faulty.

Definitely call Sky back and tell them what you've said here - especially the fact that you are intermitently loosing signal (play that up if I were you). Ask them if they can send one of their own engineers, rather than a subby, to rectify the issues as you are currently not happy. ALSO, as it's such a recent install ensure that if they swap out the box you get a new one, not a refurbished - I think if you say it's a 28 day guarantee call they'll ensure it's a new box.

spcdust

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spcdust View Post
      What are the signal strength and signal quality indicators showing? Maybe the installer has knocked your dish/lnb out of alignment or, as you say, the lnb itself is faulty.

Definitely call Sky back and tell them what you've said here - especially the fact that you are intermitently loosing signal (play that up if I were you). Ask them if they can send one of their own engineers, rather than a subby, to rectify the issues as you are currently not happy. ALSO, as it's such a recent install ensure that if they swap out the box you get a new one, not a refurbished - I think if you say it's a 28 day guarantee call they'll ensure it's a new box.

spcdust
      That's the odd part M8, both signal strength & quality indicators were over 50% on both feeds & i saw him align the dish & hook up the test meter,so i counted that out,But after installing my old pace box on both feeds,i was still getting "no sat signal received" on those same channels mainly from what i see on a list is 11.379 V freq, thats why I'm guessing its an LNB fault.
      I think it was a proper sky engineer from way he was dressed & electronic signature gizmo,cant see a contractor using those
      D

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FibreOptic View Post
      I would call Sky and ask them to do a 90 Days Reinstall, You should get a Brand New Box and it installed again, It may look like you have a duff box, Ours is instantly and same with our old.

Seeing as you paid 159 the full whack, I wouldnt settle for anything less!
      90 day reinstall sounds a good idea,not heard of that before,may well do that soon,thanks for idea,will keep an eye out tonight on those channels,but pretty mad cos I've been waiting a few months for Room 6 to come back on zone horror & then i get no signal for that channel
      Ohh well i expect it will get repeated a few more times
      D

jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

I'm not sure - but I think there's a different procedure to update the firmware on Sky+, the hlding in 'backup button' and switching on the power only works on standard boxes. - i'll try and find a link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast