Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky + Installed yesterday,Is this normal for a pace

This is a discussion on Sky + Installed yesterday,Is this normal for a pace within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; this post tells you how to do a hard reset (re-format) of sky+, not sure if that includes firmware update?...

jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

Re: Sky + Installed yesterday,Is this normal for a pace

this post tells you how to do a hard reset (re-format) of sky+, not sure if that includes firmware update?

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

to do a full system reset:

services
      select

To update software power off at mains. hold down back up button on front of box and then plug back in and let go of back up button when software update message comes on screen.

D24601 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sutton-In-Ashfield
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks guys, Had probs last night most channels said "no sat signal being received"-so called sky on the 015 number as no 0800 worked & got through to techies they talked me through a "system health check" & that reboot got all channels back & they said system is showing up all ok.
      BUT odd is 9.20am this morning box turned itself off,when i got it out of standby i noticed it had just done an update & put sky anytime button on,So then changed/checked all channels & guess what is changing instantly now ,so wonder if thats what it was waiting for that update to version 1.31B03. But will keep an eye on all channels tonight & if loose 1 I'll be back on phone like lightning(well after 6pm anyway ) & demand an engineer out
      Thanks for all your help & info
      D

jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

glad you're working again! fingers crossed it stays that way!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayhab View Post
      glad you're working again! fingers crossed it stays that way!
      LOL,well thanks but it didn't last long,back to "No sat signal" on most channels now,So phoned sky again 6.03pm & an engineer is coming out Sunday afternoon, Luckily i taped all the channels & signal strength,so if pictures come back like they just have done,he can see whats been going off.
      Did full system reset as reddwarfcrew suggested & thats not done anything either,apart from delete planner & anytime it had downloaded.
      checked 2 neighbours sky boxes at same time as mine was off & ALL there channels were on,so that counts out weather,not that i thought it was that anyway,but the techie phone sky guy thought it was,But if tomorrow's visit don't cure it,then it will be another call to sky monday & I'll cancel the bloody thing & go back to my old standard box
      D

markturnip is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Purley
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hey D24601, I've just had a brand new SKY + box installed this wednesday + a new dish install. I have the Pace box and my channels take some time to change too - up to about 2 seconds! I also don't have the anytime feature, I understand this is because the box hasn't been updated yet. I can't now, but tonight I'll update the firmware and see how things go.

But just letting you know I have the same problem too!

Any news on having your box fixed?

Mark

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markturnip View Post
      Hey D24601, I've just had a brand new SKY + box installed this wednesday + a new dish install. I have the Pace box and my channels take some time to change too - up to about 2 seconds! I also don't have the anytime feature, I understand this is because the box hasn't been updated yet. I can't now, but tonight I'll update the firmware and see how things go.

But just letting you know I have the same problem too!

Any news on having your box fixed?

Mark
      Well M8 have to say the forced update don't seem to cure the slow channel change,well its not for me anyway its still taking a few seconds-hope it works for you.Have you also got slow menu too,its taking a few secs when i hit tv guide,services. The anytime feature can appear at anytime,1st time was about 2 days after installation at 9.20am the box just went off & after the thing i did with sky techies the box went off again at 10.25pm the next day & anytime appeared again,I know some are moaning about anytime,but i have to say I've watched about 4 things now off it so i like it-ok it could be better,
      Main problem here was the stupid original installer didn't fit the plastic bit on end of dish where LNB fits,so i was loosing most channels too,But another engineer fixed that,got a refund to cover my next months subs,so I'm happy with that & box is working great now<apart from the slow change> but i guess well have to get used to that bit,Let me know if it fixes yours & I'll try another force update if it works
      D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12