Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Is this configuration possible

This is a discussion on Is this configuration possible within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Not sure if this is the best forum to post this in but here goes. I currently have a standard ...

pidster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Is this configuration possible

Not sure if this is the best forum to post this in but here goes.

I currently have a standard sky box downstairs witht the RF2 out feeding a distribution amp in the loft which in turn feeds all the upstairs TV's with remote eyes controlling the box.

If i upgraded the downstairs box to sky + and had the original box (with multiroom) located in the loft and wired as follows

sky + RF2 --> Standard box RF in -- > Standard Box RF2 -- > Distribution amp --> TV's

Would I be able to tune two channels in on the upstairs TV's (one to Sky + and one to standard sky box) and either watch the Sky + box or the standard box ?

Can you change the channel that the RF2 output works on ?

Also if this did work would the remotes work independently or do standard and sky + use the same IR frequencies ?

Basically what I want to do is to be able to watch Standard Box upstairs but also watvh programmes recorded on the Sky + box both upstairs and downstairs

Many thanks for any assistance or advice on alernative ways of making it work

Stuart

2. Advertisement
      Shadowman is offline SkyUser Clan Leader
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Is this configuration possible

read most of your poast though in short i beleave you can we have

tv living room
      tv kitchen
      tv front bedroom
      tv back bedroom

tv liveing room = Sky+ box
      tv back bedroom = Sky+ box

the tv in the living room is set up to a booster box in the attic witch in turn sends a signle to all other tv's ie what is shown in the living room can be seen on every other tv in the house even if it is a dvd vcr or other device recording via annalog or scart on l1,l2 also i can record tv-sky onto the dvd recorder just like a vcr at the same time so signle is going to each device just fine

tv downstairs is hooked in with tv,sky+, vcr,dvd recorder,player, and a hi fy system

the tv in the back bedroom while has its own sky+ box can still view the downstairs tv on channel 0 or sky+ through channel 9 or rf, it can record onto vcr via rf-l0,l1,l2
      it can record onto the vcr what is being shown downstairs

tv in back bedroom is hooked up with
      tv,sky+,vcr,dvd player

the origonal remote from our old sky box works at changing chanles but is good for little else

i can say this it is a complatated pane hooking everything and getting it all to work together as in the tv vcr dvdr hi fy etc lol getting signle to go to other tvs was easy 1 cable and a 3 way splitter and u get it goint to another tv etc

not sure if this awnswers your q but might help you in some way lol
      Last edited by Shadowman; 12-06-07 at 03:14 PM.