Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

how do i get my sky+ connected

This is a discussion on how do i get my sky+ connected within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I know that sky are dropping the 10.00 subscription on july 1st, so i have got myself all set up, ...

okey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

how do i get my sky+ connected

I know that sky are dropping the 10.00 subscription on july 1st, so i have got myself all set up,

sky + box, quad lnb, and currently subscribe to the 21.00 deal.

now what do i do, do i have to wait till july 1st, to get the box switched to recording? or can i phone them now, and ask them to switch my card on?

2. Advertisement
      spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: how do i get my sky+ connected

Phone them now and they can activate the Sky+ functionality. Depending on the cycle of billing you might have to pay 10.00 Sky+ charge (or part of) for June.

Remember, to register the Sky+ box Sky will need it to be connected to the phone line so that it can call home and confirm it's location and the viewing card associated with the box - so you have to make sure your box is plugged into the telephone line for this stage. You could do the call home before using the phone to call Sky - go to services menu then press 4, 0, 1 SELECT and now you're in the hidden Installer Set-up menu. Select option 6 and follow the prompts.

spcdust

okey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

if i use the "hidden Installer Set-up menu. Select option 6 and follow the prompts." way, does this mean i dont have to phone sky up direct?

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I think it's a two step process, first the call back by your box and then you call up Sky yourself. When you speak with Sky they should be able to see that your box has called home and that the system has updated the pairing of your new Sky+ box with your viewing card. Also they then have to change your standard Sky account into a Sky+ account and send the Sky+ activation signal via the satellite stream.

It was slightly different for me as no matter how many times my box successfully called home they couldn't see the calls, therefore I think they had to do mine without the call back which took about 48 hours for them to process.

spcdust