Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can I get Sky Multi Room for Free?

This is a discussion on Can I get Sky Multi Room for Free? within the Sky+ forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Basically I already pay 37 a month for Sky + (6 mixes + Movie Channels) however we still have the ...

DeeLondon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Can I get Sky Multi Room for Free?

Basically I already pay 37 a month for Sky + (6 mixes + Movie Channels)

however we still have the old original box from 1999 and someone gave my dad an old dish and LNB and we've had that connected up as well. I use the main Sky+ box and he watches the various free channels, etc on the box without a viewing card.

But what I really want is a Sky viewing card for that box so my mother can watch the same foreign language channels (i.e. Star One & StarPlus) on that box as she can on mine.

But I either don't want to pay the extra 10 a month or perhaps more importantly be tied to another 12 month contract. Can I get out of either or both seeing as I have all the equipment I need, it's all set up and running, and I'm already giving them 37 a month ... all I need is a card.

Sky give away a basic Sky Box free with Multiroom in exchange for 120 over the course of 12 months which is fair enough - but I don't need that extra box)
      Last edited by DeeLondon; 16-03-07 at 12:02 PM.

2. Advertisement
      yodasarmpit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Can I get Sky Multi Room for Free?

Sorry, No.

You will still have to pay for the multi-room subs, which is obviously at the reduced rate.
      Even then the second box will need to be permanently connected to the phone line, this is to ensure that you are viewing the the reduced subs card and not someone in another household.

Subscription and Installation charges are two separate things, Sky will on occasion come out with free deals on equipment, but not on the subscription.
      A free subscription offers no benefit to Sky, whereas free equipment does, free equipment means a box in every house which in turn can lead to a potential subscription.