Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Viewing card problems

This is a discussion on Viewing card problems within the Sky Viewing Card forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hello there! Slight problem, had sky installed Thursday but the viewing card hasn't arrived. (Which is annoying because a letter ...

Seanyy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin 30mb
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Viewing card problems

Hello there!

Slight problem, had sky installed Thursday but the viewing card hasn't arrived. (Which is annoying because a letter that was dated on the 30th September was delivered from sky, the same day the viewing card was sent out)

Spoke to Sky and they've said they will send one special delivery in the post for delivery tomorrow (Saturday)
      How likely is this? Viewing the forum makes me believe that they don't actually send them special delivery, I'm concerned the fact it's a Saturday too.

I have a sky box downstairs that has an old viewing card in, inactive subscription. Is it possible to get the subscription activated on that card, then use the card being delivered to replace the freesat card I'm using?

Thanks in advance

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: Viewing card problems

Hello Seanyy & welcome to the forum.

Could you confirm that the letter you received from Sky on the 30th September was correctly addressed?

Although Sky have the ability to send a viewing card (VC) by special delivery they would be unlikely to have done this given the situation you describe.

Unfortunately you will have to wait for the correct VC to arrive but your TV subscription will not commence until the new VC is activated.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,233 Times in 2,099 Posts

sky are normally very good.

If someone has promised a card will be delivered by Special Delivery then it is just down to the Royal Mail now to deliver it.

I would recommend that you log into the Sky website and take a look at your "My Sky" page. There may be something in there to allow you to 'track your order'. Purely guessing, but if you are lucky they may have also put the RM tracking number in there for you as well.

If it isn't perhaps this can be raised with Sky for the future. Let us know either way though.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seanyy View Post
      Hello there!

Slight problem, had sky installed Thursday but the viewing card hasn't arrived. (Which is annoying because a letter that was dated on the 30th September was delivered from sky, the same day the viewing card was sent out)

Spoke to Sky and they've said they will send one special delivery in the post for delivery tomorrow (Saturday)
      How likely is this? Viewing the forum makes me believe that they don't actually send them special delivery, I'm concerned the fact it's a Saturday too.

I have a sky box downstairs that has an old viewing card in, inactive subscription. Is it possible to get the subscription activated on that card, then use the card being delivered to replace the freesat card I'm using?

Thanks in advance
      You could reinstate the old card, as long as it was issued after the last card change (number starting 36xxxxxxx or higher) but the offers on the new account will not be transferable.