Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

No Viewing Card....anyone else having problems?

This is a discussion on No Viewing Card....anyone else having problems? within the Sky Viewing Card forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I signed up for Sky 3 weeks ago and had the box installed 2 weeks ago. But i still havent ...

tinx90 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Angry No Viewing Card....anyone else having problems?

I signed up for Sky 3 weeks ago and had the box installed 2 weeks ago. But i still havent recieved the veiwing card...ive phoned countless times but still is given the same excuse thst it will arrive the next day...i phoned again on Monday 30/7/12 and was promised it would arrive Wednesday 1/8/12. Is anyone else having or had problems? Csn anyone give me advice on what to do? Thank you.

2. Advertisement
      launton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LVROY (Liverpool Royal)
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Asus RT-N66U
      Sky TV: Humax HDR-1000S
      Thanks

re: No Viewing Card....anyone else having problems?

Odd. Usually the card arrives before installation, and pretty quick. I wonder if you will be refunded for the time you have been unable to use the service. I'd call them back tomorrow and ask them.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by launton View Post
      Odd. Usually the card arrives before installation, and pretty quick. I wonder if you will be refunded for the time you have been unable to use the service. I'd call them back tomorrow and ask them.
      Ive spent more time on the phone to Sky in the last few weeks than i have my own family. Its ridiculous, im close to cancelling Sky before ive even had chance to use the Sky service properly.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,235 Times in 2,100 Posts

There are various reasons why your Viewing card may have been delayed. Thankfully it is a rare occurrence.

Personally I would have got back to Sky and request that they arrange a courier to send one out.

Before you do this though, since the viewing card is delivered by Royal Mail, have you had any problems with your post recently? Any issues such as missing letters, items going to the wrong address, problems accessing your property?

Also it would be wise to navigate to the Sky web site and log into your My Sky account. From there you can double check that your name and address are completely correct. This is purely guessing, but also check that you are using the correct postal address. I know someone who rename their house and had constant problems for a long time.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      There are various reasons why your Viewing card may have been delayed. Thankfully it is a rare occurrence.

Personally I would have got back to Sky and request that they arrange a courier to send one out.

Before you do this though, since the viewing card is delivered by Royal Mail, have you had any problems with your post recently? Any issues such as missing letters, items going to the wrong address, problems accessing your property?

Also it would be wise to navigate to the Sky web site and log into your My Sky account. From there you can double check that your name and address are completely correct. This is purely guessing, but also check that you are using the correct postal address. I know someone who rename their house and had constant problems for a long time.
      Im recieivng post fine. And ive phoned Sky plenty of times and reread my address to them And vice versa and its all correct. I will check on the Sky website like you said. But again i think its all correct. Thanks.

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: No Viewing Card....anyone else having problems?

I think it's reached the point where you should cancel, this will probably have an effect as Sky seem to have their best/brightest people answering phones on cancelling/adding services. Tell them you've NEVER received the service promised (in the T&C's) as they can't deliver a card for you to access the services. If the worse happens you will have to accept cancellation as the outcome, but that would seem your best bet. And make sure you get a complete refund of all you've paid. As Sky have 10 million accounts I'm afraid this type of thing happens sometime, but Sky see a 99.95% success rate and forget that the 0.05% is still 5,000 unhappy customers.

Bunnie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01935
      Thanks

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I've just had exactly the same thing happen. If there's a newer thread on the same subject, I'll happily go to it.

Started the process on 08July, and a welcome letter arrived 12July. The box was delivered to the dish fitter on 12July, but I've had no card delivered. 3 times someone has 'said' a card has been issued, the last time by Express Delivery, but despite doing all the address and online checks described above, and spending by now at least an hour on the phone, I've had nothing. Agree with dms05 about getting through to Cancellations, as they'll try again. By threatening to cancel, I've been offered 100 in compensation, and they will attempt a 4th card delivery. I await with bated breath.........

Meanwhile, another thought. Is it possible to re-program new viewing cards, and sell them on to the pirates? Maybe someone at the originating PO recognises what they are and is 'liberating' them?

Any ideas?

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Has the box been installed yet? If not do you have an installation date?

edit:
      Cards can be reprogrammed but unless someone has cracked the encryption codes, which would be very bad news for Sky, reprogramming can only be performed by those authorised to do so.

Bunnie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01935
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      Has the box been installed yet? If not do you have an installation date?
      The box has been with the local guy since 10July, who will fit the dish and complete the installation when I have received the card, so there is no installation date as yet

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      edit:
      Cards can be reprogrammed but unless someone has cracked the encryption codes, which would be very bad news for Sky, reprogramming can only be performed by those authorised to do so.
      Not an expert on this, but as credit cards seem to be regularly cloned/copied/reprogramed whatever, do the Sky Cards have better encryption than my Mastercard?

Cheers

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I can't see why the installer will not install the dish and card before the card is available. You want it available immediately, not some days or weeks after you receive the card.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast