Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Viewing card problems

This is a discussion on Viewing card problems within the Sky Viewing Card forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi, I have just joined and I am after some advice please as I have an on-going problem with Sky ...

mark22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Viewing card problems

Hi, I have just joined and I am after some advice please as I have an on-going problem with Sky for the last few months which needs resolving; to cut a very long story short, I have been a Sky subscriber for many years which doesn't seem to count for much, anyway, I seem to have a problem on my sky viewing card when trying to order Sky box office events, but only the WWE pay-per-views. I do not why, but for the last few months I get the message 'there is insufficient credit left on your viewing card...' etc. This problem has made me miss the last couple of WWE events on box office as I need to record them and have them on my planner as they start at 1am. After making numerous phone calls and even having an engineer come out and install a new Sky+ box the problem still remains. I have recently been sending emails to the complaints department at Sky who have said that the fault lies on my viewing card and in order to resolve the problem they could send me a new one out. Great, however, this would mean that whilst it is being sent out they would have to deactivate my current card so I would not be able to watch anything. This could take a few days and this was something I am not too happy about. I did ask as a courtesy if they could send it out recorded or better still next day but the reply I got was that all mail is sent out as standard delivery. So I said that this was unacceptable and as a threat would cancel my whole subscription and broadband and take my business elsewhere and what notice I would need, hoping to get a better service, but all I got back was that I had to give 31 days notice, which wasn't the answer I was looking for. In short, I don't really want to cancel my subsciptions with Sky but surely there must be some compromise? I don't understand why they cannot send my viewing card quicker so I don't miss out for too long, I feel as if they don't care if they lose me as a long time customer, so does anybody have any suggestions what I can do next or can I take the matter higher?

2. Advertisement
      MartinP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Slingbox
      Thanks

Re: Viewing card problems

Quote Originally Posted by mark22 View Post
      I have recently been sending emails to the complaints department at Sky who have said that the fault lies on my viewing card and in order to resolve the problem they could send me a new one out. Great, however, this would mean that whilst it is being sent out they would have to deactivate my current card so I would not be able to watch anything. This could take a few days and this was something I am not too happy about. I did ask as a courtesy if they could send it out recorded or better still next day but the reply I got was that all mail is sent out as standard delivery.
      This is correct. There's nothing you can do to make them speed it up. You'll just have to fight your TV addiction and go cold turkey for a few days. Maybe you could get used to watching BBC? If you can wean yourself off Sky altogether, you could swap to Freesat and save all that money! Or go to the gym.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,233 Times in 2,099 Posts

Re: Viewing card problems

This is an old thread. I suspect that mark22 has fixed things by now.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.