Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Freesat From Sky - Replacement card - How long?

This is a discussion on Freesat From Sky - Replacement card - How long? within the Sky Viewing Card forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; (New user here and realised I'd put this message into the wrong forum so please forgive me re-posting it in ...

tsu
      tsu is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01702
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Freesat From Sky - Replacement card - How long?

(New user here and realised I'd put this message into the wrong forum so please forgive me re-posting it in the coreect forum.)

Hi,

I have a Sky box but don't subscribe to Sky (Freesat from Sky). I have been getting pop up messages every hour or so telling me I need to replace my card and that if I don't I will lose certain channels. I went to the URL they gave (Replacement Freesat Card) and purchased a new one for 20.
      They said I would receive an email confirming my purchase which I haven't received, but the money was taken out of my account a couple of days ago.
      How long have I got between seeing the messages on screen (I bought the card the first time I saw the message) and the card not working any more? and does anyone know how long the card takes to come once they have taken your money?

There's no phone number for Sky on the web page only a link to send them a message...

Thanks tsu.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Freesat From Sky - Replacement card - How long?

Usually 3 or 4 days after the money is taken.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

thedavid2007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsu View Post
      (New user here and realised I'd put this message into the wrong forum so please forgive me re-posting it in the coreect forum.)

Hi,

I have a Sky box but don't subscribe to Sky (Freesat from Sky). I have been getting pop up messages every hour or so telling me I need to replace my card and that if I don't I will lose certain channels. I went to the URL they gave (Replacement Freesat Card) and purchased a new one for 20.
      They said I would receive an email confirming my purchase which I haven't received, but the money was taken out of my account a couple of days ago.
      How long have I got between seeing the messages on screen (I bought the card the first time I saw the message) and the card not working any more? and does anyone know how long the card takes to come once they have taken your money?

There's no phone number for Sky on the web page only a link to send them a message...

Thanks tsu.
      They managed to take the money from your account. They always seems to get that bit right. I just bought one and haven't got the email confirmation either. Maybe it will appear in my inbox soon.

Thanks

As this post is over 6 months old, I would think the poster got his card. Do you expect them not to take the money until after they send your card? You have to pay for any item before you get it, so what's the difference?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

thedavid2007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      As this post is over 6 months old, I would think the poster got his card. Do you expect them not to take the money until after they send your card? You have to pay for any item before you get it, so what's the difference?
      Congratulations on your huge post count. It always freaks me out how anyone can spend that much time on a forum. I was attempting some light humour that's all. If you can't understand the joke, then maybe you should spend less time on here and more time living in the real world.

If you look at satellites.co.uk, there's a guy there just like you who is the first to answer every new post. He also has thousands of posts to his credit. I really wonder about you people. Are you kind of permanently wired up to the forum 24/7?

Thanks

Congratulations on your huge post count.
      Thank you, being disabled and retired, I have plenty of time to spend on this forum and a couple of others, helping out where I can.
      You are right though, I did not see anything at all humorous in your post, except maybe the fact that you made it. If you want to attempt humour, try using smilies to make your intentions clear

TomD

Useful Utilites