Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

moving home with sky taking old box

This is a discussion on moving home with sky taking old box within the Sky Viewing Card forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi all new to forum so i hope you can help me.Getting sky plus hd installed at my new home ...

Lendini is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

moving home with sky taking old box

Hi all new to forum so i hope you can help me.Getting sky plus hd installed at my new home on wednesday 49-00 for box and 15-00 installation.Also subscribed to multiroom for 9-75 mth.The salesman from sky said as i was in a analogue switch off area as even the terrestrial tv is rubbish he would give me it for 4-87 mth (multiroom) i bit his hand off.My question is sky asked me to take my old pace box with the card in it from my old house to use as the multiroom boxin the new house.Will the card still work??? second question is if i get hold of another pace box and run another cable from that to the remaining slot on the quad lnb i guess i will get free to air sat channels.So where can i get another sky card from so the kids can watch different channels in their 2 rooms while we watch skyplus hd downstairs.please please help. was going to be cheeky and ask the sky engineer for an extra digestive to run the cable for me.

2. Advertisement
      nodrog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wskiw
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: SKY+ HD 1tb box
      Thanks

Re: moving home with sky taking old box

sky will give you another card for a third box but it will require another multiroom subscription at whaterver rate you can get them to agree to either 10 or 5 dicounted again

you'r right about free to view channels without sky card