Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

New Viewing Card

This is a discussion on New Viewing Card within the Sky Viewing Card forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Trying this now. Have message saying it is updating. Will post again when it is complete....

LyndyLou is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rayleigh (EARAY)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: New Viewing Card

Trying this now. Have message saying it is updating. Will post again when it is complete.

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

All complete. Old card in and I have all the channels I subscribe to. Thanks Isitme for your help. Obviously Tech help could have solved this problem for me while I was on the phone if they had your knowledge. I did suspect the last person I spoke to did not know much when he said I could not view BBC, ITV without a viewing card inserted. He also kept insisting that I must have put the card in the wrong slot if it did not work! Must have been unlucky with the 5 tech support people that I talked to today. Will now have to ring back to request that another new card be sent out.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Glad your fixed, if they tell you to use the same card, refuse and advise them of the poor support you received when it did not work the first time.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

tjames is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01268
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

In goes the new card........... and after three calls to sky we now have a completely wiped sky+ box and still no record, pause etc facilty...... oh and guess what according to sky this is completely coincidental that we have just put a new card in ! and its a fault with our box (hard drive ) which strangely was working completely well before we put the new card in !
      And now they want to charge me for an engineer to come in..... especially after I have now lost everything on my Sky box !!!

Can anyone help or has anyone else had this problem

Thanks

Have you tried my suggestion in post # 8, it seems to have worked for Lyndy. If it does not work for you, then you may have to get the installer in. If it does, you can argue with Sky that the old card works, so the new card must be to blame.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Gazzadp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+HD,Finally!
      Thanks

Another good thing to try with any version of the Sky Digital box (standard, Sky+ or HD) if you have a problem with lost channels that you have subscribed to, or if you have just upgraded your subscription package.

NOTE: There is NO need to do a full system reset (and thus wiping/deleting all recordings on Sky+/Sky+HD).

Make sure that your Sky box is connected to the phone line for this and that your viewing card is firmly in place.

Get into the Installer Menu;

Do this by;

Press the *Services* button;

Then System Set Up;

With the Picture Settings Highlighted Press 0 then 1 followed by Select;

You should then see the *Installer Set Up* screen;

Then just highlight New Installation;

You will need to press the select button when prompted.

If all goes correctly then you should be able to watch any/all channels that you have subscribed to, WITH NO WAITING UP TO 4 HOURS!

Best Wishes, As Alway.,

Thanks

Update Re: New Viewing Card

More problems on Saturday. Old card no longer authorised. Phoned Sky. 1st advisor just wanted to refer problem to CEL (whoever they are) and said they would call me back but couldn't say when. Finally transferred me to someone else after I said this was not acceptable. 2nd advisor sent signal down line to get old card working again which did not work then I got cut off again. Called again and finally spoke to someone who seemed to know what they were talking about. Said new card had been cancelled but new one not ordered. Also said when signal sent to restore viewing on old card it would only last for 24-36 hours and could only be done once so should not have been done again on Saturday. Apologised that new card not ordered on Thursday. New card arrived today and guess what. Box saying no card inserted. Also saying no card inserted when old card put back. Exactly same problem as with first new card. Didn't relish phoning yet again so thought I would try Isitme's advice but with new card inserted this time before phoning them again. Well I have to thank you once again Isitme as it worked and I now have a fully working box using new card.

Thanks

Thanks for letting us know, it will be useful if anyone else find themselves in your position.

TomD

Useful Utilites

coreservers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dalkeith
      Broadband ISP: IDnet
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

got mine yesterday. tried it this morning and got the same message. was stuck in the "insert old card and wait 5 minutes". had to switch it off at mains, so wont be trying it again for 24 hours.
      tech support claim it a coincidence. I state it was working absolutely fine before. they tell me it coulndt be. nothing like being called a liar by someone who expects you to pay every month!
      seems they may have an issue with these new cards, on some boxes.

pjb007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shrewsbury
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Not received the new viewing card yet, but I've just thought. Our Sky Box always says its not connected to a phone line. It was installed by a Sky Installer and its not been unplugged (in fact it looks like its hard wired so can't be unplugged).

Will the new card need the phone line?
      TV:Sky + (Variety and Knowledge) - Broadband: Connect - Phone: Freetime

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast