Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Being lied to? Fobbed off? Ask here...

This is a discussion on Being lied to? Fobbed off? Ask here... within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; Originally Posted by stevelaw Which Customer Support did you ring to raise a ticket? I'd quite like to know which ...

SkyTechSupport is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Being lied to? Fobbed off? Ask here...

Quote Originally Posted by stevelaw View Post
      Which Customer Support did you ring to raise a ticket?
      I'd quite like to know which department was incompetant enough to raise a ticket for retrieving a wanadoo account as well, that's just insane.

Jeff: You can use your sky email through Outlook Express, there's a guide on this forum in the tutorials section on how to do it, but yeah these guys are right unless that link helps you retrieve it no more wanadoo, I'd suggest getting a Gmail address anyway as it's "over 9000!!!" times better than any ISP based email service.
      Is it wrong to work for the devil? Not if you can make a difference... and he pays well.

2. Advertisement
      prolink is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: SKY+HD 1TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FibreOptic View Post
      Thanx for your input, However im sure the senior team on this site will repeat, That however much we value every members input and feedback, Skyuser.co.uk is UNOFFICIAL, and any issues/problems should be taken up with BSkyB and not a MEMBER of this forum who claims to work for Sky!

Also welcome to the site, SkyTechSupport, TBH if you could be as helpful over the phone as you are on this community site, Im sure thats enough to help you sleep better at nights, If not try Horlicks!
      Are you a moderator wannabe? I'm sure the staff of this site are big enough to speak for themselves.
      Kinda gets peoples narked when ordinary members such as yourself try to lay the laws down, especially to people that are offering their expertise!

TheWhizzz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gravesend
      Broadband ISP: 02
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

hi maybe you could help me i phoned c s about my down speed being pants i get less than 500kbs when i surf the net was told my exchange was faulty but was now repaired ( 17/2/07) and it takes a while for the speed to pick up again phone back today and a different guy answered oh the exchange is down theres no connections coming out of that exchange yet here i am where do the tier 1 people get there facts from??? according to this .........

Results for exchange: Gravesend
      Congestion

Congestion status on this exchange is green GREEN.

Your telephone line is on an un-congested exchange.
      Major Service Outages

There are no Major Service Outages on your line at this present time

so where do sky get there info from???

been told to phone em back tomorrow (mon ) if its still a poor speed ??
      Please take a moment and upgrade your bit torrent client to the latest version.
      Help traffic shaped users by enabling protocol encryption in Az or T

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhizzz View Post
      There are no Major Service Outages on your line at this present time

so where do sky get there info from???

been told to phone em back tomorrow (mon ) if its still a poor speed ??
      I'd keep phoning back every couple of days, most sites will give exchange information based on reports from BT, our information is on Chordiant in an Exchange Fault List, these faults are reported by Openreach engineers who work for Easynet, seperate from the BT engineers, next time ask them if there's a "Parent ticket ID" beside the fault at your exchange. If there is one, ask them to phone Tier 2 and get information on that ticket, it'll be Tier 3 in the ticket talking about how the repairs are going, most exchange faults have a parent ticket.

Hope this helps!
      Is it wrong to work for the devil? Not if you can make a difference... and he pays well.

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTechSupport View Post
      these faults are reported by Openreach engineers who work for Easynet, seperate from the BT engineers
      This is wrong. The internal Easynet/Sky status pages are updated by the Tier 3 Fault Management team. The faults can be diagnosed by several methods.
      + Obvious temporary major outages where an exchange is unreachable
      + Card faults which are usually picked up bt Tier 3 helpdesk teams
      + Port range faults which again, are picked up by Tier 3 helpdesk teams
      + Planned maintainence
      All of which are investigated by the appropriate engineers, be they Easynet or BT.

The information that TheWhizzz has posted will likely relate to BT ADSL equipment and not Sky/Easynet's network so it's not relevant to his problem.

Somewhere to start on the speed problem is, have you had ADSL before? What speed did you get then? What are your stats like? Have you tried the test socket?
      Last edited by MrStabby; 19-02-07 at 02:25 AM.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrStabby View Post
      This is wrong. The internal Easynet/Sky status pages are updated by the Tier 3 Fault Management team. The faults can be diagnosed by several methods.
      + Planned maintainence
      All of which are investigated by the appropriate engineers, be they Easynet or BT.

I guarantee you BT engineers won't touch our equiptment unless it's a fault in their areas, and since he's on the Max package you can assume he's plugged in to our DSLAMs so it'll be your "Easynet engineers", who are actually known as either Openreach or Telnet engineers, who'll be working with the Tier 3 fault management team to fix the issue, you'll get more info on a case from it's parent ticket than from the fault list, I suggest he checks it out. The "internal Sky/Easynet status page" says bugger all about what the actual cause or possible resolution date is for the fault.

Asking him what speed he got before with a previous provider? Now that's wrong, super wrong, dear Lord where did humanity go so wrong type wrong.... you're wrong. What if his previous provider (which is very likely) wasn't LLU? Better line to go down for you TheWhizzz would be either check BT's broadband availability checker to see what they've estimated your speed will be, or phone and ask Tier 1 to take a gander at your "DSL availability check" which will tell you your estimated max speed on the LLU equiptment.

Good luck TheWhizzz!

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I guarantee you BT engineers won't touch our equiptment unless it's a fault in their areas, and since he's on the Max package you can assume he's plugged in to our DSLAMs so it'll be your "Easynet engineers", who are actually known as either Openreach or Telnet engineers
      "Easynet engineers" are not BT, BT engineers are BT Openreach. BT engineers won't touch anything after the HDF as it's not their property. Easynet may use contractors such as Telent, but these are still considered "Easynet engineers".

The "internal Sky/Easynet status page" says bugger all about what the actual cause or possible resolution date is for the fault.
      View Source

Asking him what speed he got before with a previous provider? Now that's wrong, super wrong, dear Lord where did humanity go so wrong type wrong.... you're wrong. What if his previous provider (which is very likely) wasn't LLU?
      Wether his previous provider was using LLU equipment doesn't make a blind bit of difference on this question. A stinger's a stinger, it doesnt matter who owns it. If the customer was only getting 160k with his previous ISP then it's HIGHLY unlikely that it's going to be a fault with BOTH stingers. That is what I wanted to ascertain, a faulty stinger or a poor line. You're on the wrong side of humanity on this one.

Better line to go down for you TheWhizzz would be either check BT's broadband availability checker to see what they've estimated your speed will be, or phone and ask Tier 1 to take a gander at your "DSL availability check" which will tell you your estimated max speed on the LLU equiptment.
      No, no, no. That DSL Av Check is only a good guess at the quality of the line. Actually getting ADSL on the line and looking at the stats is the best bet. Again, if he's had the same poor speed with aprevious provided than it's a line or internal wiring issue. The speed won't be any different for LLU vs BT provided, apart from the max BT will go to is 8Mb.

TheWhizzz, Don't forget to post your stats and try your test socket.
      Last edited by MrStabby; 19-02-07 at 11:31 AM.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Easynet may use contractors such as Telent, but these are still considered "Easynet engineers".
      Exactly, and I guarantee if he looks in the parent ticket it'll say Telnet is working on the equiptment. If he says there's no info on BT outages on the usual online sources for exchange info, then it's most likely the Easynet equiptment!

Wether his previous provider was using LLU equipment doesn't make a blind bit of difference on this question. A stinger's a stinger, it doesnt matter who owns it. If the customer was only getting 160k with his previous ISP then it's HIGHLY unlikely that it's going to be a fault with BOTH stingers. That is what I wanted to ascertain, a faulty stinger or a poor line. You're on the wrong side of humanity on this one.
      It makes a large 20/20 vision bit of difference, maybe with a previous provider on the ADSL Max system he was getting 6.5mb, then being switched to the Easynet LLU equiptment the whole thing went pear shaped and now he's getting (as he said) under 512kbps, if he didn't say "this is just like when I had BT broadband and got rubbish speeds" you can assume it's only going to Sky that's caused this problem, therefore not a problem with his line, but a problem with the Easynet equiptment. Humanity one, MrStabby zero.

No, no, no. That DSL Av Check is only a good guess at the quality of the line. Actually getting ADSL on the line and looking at the stats is the best bet. Again, if he's had the same poor speed with aprevious provided than it's a line or internal wiring issue. The speed won't be any different for LLU vs BT provided, apart from the max BT will go to is 8Mb.
      If BT Availability check says "You is able to get 5mb lol" then he can compare that to a graph of ADSL Max speed vs LLU speed and make a decent guess at what speed he'll get with the Sky Max package without having to look at his Router stats which will most likely be buggered up thanks to his exchange issue and therefore won't be relevant until the issue is resolved!

TheWhizzz, Don't forget to post your stats and try your test socket.
      Good idea! Maybe his test socket will bypass his shifty DSLAM, you know with that secret button in there that starts up the Easynet fixer robots, never trust a robot though that's what I always say...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrStabby View Post
      + Planned maintainence

The information that TheWhizzz has posted will likely relate to BT ADSL equipment and not Sky/Easynet's network so it's not relevant to his problem.

Somewhere to start on the speed problem is, have you had ADSL before? What speed did you get then? What are your stats like? Have you tried the test socket?

i was on dial up m8 my line could not take broadband for 7 months due to me being on pay and call bt wouldn't let me end the contract unless i paid 150 i went onto a line that could take broadband when the contract was up 10 days later got sky on the line im normally on 6mbs downspeed iv tried the test socket but it made no difference as the socket is at the front door as i come into the house stats are as follows ..........

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 1468462 1664783 0 9995 27856 15:35:09
      LAN 10M/100M 1679351 1504794 0 28578 10591 15:36:27
      WLAN 11M/54M 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 7645 kbps 764 kbps
      Line Attenuation 44.5 db 25.0 db
      Noise Margin 10.6 db 11.5 db

also i have the wireless disabled on my router i was told by sky tech to reboot the router at the back with a pin and leave it off for 30 mins and then plug it back in did this but the wireless light is not lit and all my ports r still open form when i opened weeks ago i thought a reboot rebooted the router closed all the open ports and made the wireless light come back on again ???
      Last edited by TheWhizzz; 19-02-07 at 12:34 PM.

Thanks

managed to get the router to reboot must av done something wrong lol here are my stats normaly ...............

WAN PPPoA 1446 1648 0 2691 6398 00:04:16
      LAN 10M/100M 1697 1671 0 5206 2234 00:05:37
      WLAN 11M/54M 139 0 0 91 0 00:05:27

Line Attenuation 44.5 db 25.1 db
      Noise Margin 10.7 db 13.0 db

and in the test socket ..........

WAN PPPoA 399 502 0 603 15055 00:00:45
      LAN 10M/100M 2425 2247 0 5342 1698 00:07:58
      WLAN 11M/54M 188 0 0 98 0 00:07:48

Line Attenuation 44.5 db 25.0 db
      Noise Margin 10.7 db 12.5 db

anyone advise???

still only getting 500kbs downspeed

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)