Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

My Story! - without an ending... yet.. =)

This is a discussion on My Story! - without an ending... yet.. =) within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; My activation date was 22nd September... but the internet didn't work until 23rd October. Apparently it was BT 's fault; ...

Saiyan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Luton
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry My Story! - without an ending... yet.. =(

My activation date was 22nd September... but the internet didn't work until 23rd October.
      Apparently it was BT's fault; they weren't repairing my problem even though sky had logged the problem with them... twice!

Anyway... So I kept ringing... and after a few weeks... I demanded to talk to someone in authority... so the 1st tier guy called his supervisor... and I was like "I need to talk to someone in a higher position than you because someone at your position can't help.. I need to talk to somebody that has AUTHORITY and can get the job done!!" (quite rude aye?).... anyway... after a little talk with the supervisor... he said that tier 2 had logged the problems ages ago and that tier 3 will ring me before 10pm... and he'll make sure of it..

Tier 3 didn't ring... so I rang sky again the next morning and told them that some supervisor called 'Sarjay' said that tier 3 would ring me but no one did..The tier 1 guy said... "oh.. sir I'm very sorry for that" and he said if I would like he could put me straight to tier 3 but there would be a 45minute waiting time.. I was like "sure... go ahead"..

Anyway... I made it to tier 3 and spoke to someone called 'Tony' who said he has never seen a situation like mine and can't see why BT are not even acknowledging my problem... he said... "I'll write a message to bt.. telling them to fix your problem ASAP because it's a BT fault and not skys and i`ll also put you in the EMERGENCY QUEUE because you've been waiting for the internet for a long time"

I waited weeks after that call... and still no internet.. So i decided to cancel my BB. I was told by the tier 1 guy to phone sky broadband customer service..

So I did...
      I was told by 'Trevor' (who answered the phone)... that tier 1 shouldn't be sending customers here to cancel their accounts... he said he'll do it for me anyway..

I told him.. "sky are doing an excellent offer... but i've been without the internet for 3 weeks now and my university has started and I can't wait any longer"... Trevor was very understanding and said "there's been alot of cancellations due to BT and it's ridiculous that you've had to wait for this long" He then told me it would take about 10 days for my line to clear and to also bare in mind that the internet may very well work before 10 days (but he also made it clear that it could very well take longer..)

So... I had two choices..
      Cancel - Wait 10 days
      Stay - Internet could start working within a week..

So I decided to stay..

Trevor said... "I'll report this to my manager and I'll also log down your number and name in my book so that I can ring you next week to find out your status and investigate this problem with you. I'll follow the problem with you" (and he has rang me back 4 times since =D - excellent customer service)..

Anyway... after a couple of more weeks
      Trevor said to me.. "this is ridiculous... i'll make sure you don't get charged for this month... why should you have to pay for something you haven't even used yet..." he then said... "I'm going to transfer you to my colleage... tell him what you've told me... I'll call you back in an hour... and if he doesn't say what you want to hear... then i`ll cancel the BB because I seriously can't see anything happening"

His colleage told me that a BT engineer had been assigned to my area and that BT were going to look at the problem soon!!

Ofcourse... Understandably.. I was over the moon..
      After waiting 1 month and 1 day I had finally heard what i've been striving to hear.

So 4 days after that call.. the 'i' lit on the router !! =)
      I immediately tested my connection by downloading a file from microsoft.com... 131mb file in 2 minutes ^_^ !!

But there was one catch... I was soon to find out that my connection drops after 2-10 minutes !

I received a call from SKY telling me that tier 3 will be phoning me soon to fix the problem...

Now I'm waiting...

I hope my story will end with a 'happy ending' -_-"
      Last edited by Saiyan; 27-10-06 at 02:58 AM.

2. Advertisement
      dingdong is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Try looking around here for fixes to your dropped internet. In particular UPnP and reboot if your NM drops too low

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Unlucky mate! But this "its BT's Fault - ask them" is annoying innit!

Saiyan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Luton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FibreOptic View Post
      Unlucky mate! But this "its BT's Fault - ask them" is annoying innit!
      Yup.. Indeed!!
      and the worst thing is when you do ring BT up, BT just say -
      "I'm sorry your ISP has to contact us... not you"

and then you're like "MY ISP TOLD ME TO RING YOU"
      and they're like "Well... they shouldn't of"
      and you're like "OK.... Thanks for that"

Then you ring sky back... and they would say... "this is a BT fault and you need to contact them"

-and then you would have to say "I have contacted them and they said that sky had to contact BT for me"

.. but I do now know... that Sky does have to contact BT for us... because I emailed BT once... and I was emailed back.. being told that only businesses can contact BTWholesale (the physical owners of the line) and that customers could not.. and that sky had to sort it out with BT.

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      That is indeed correct, if any issues are raised and the cause is most likely a bt issue or a bt line issue etc we will raise a fault on the bt eco system and then they shall investigate (which is not speedy.

Unfortunatly customer cant deal with bt wholesale, we have to do it for you.

JennyBlair is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Harehills, Leeds
      Broadband ISP: Moving to Aquiss 17/11/06
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down

There are countless other stories just like mine but I thought there'd be no harm in telling you mine.

My activation date too was 22nd September, after I ordered it on 13th September. Great, I thought. Little did I know that still to this day I'd have no service. I have spent a hell of a lot of money calling their damn phonelines only to talk to generally very unhelpful people (or worse, one very patronising young man just the other day, who clearly couldn't care less, and a so-called manager who didn't have a clue what they were doing...).

Now, time, patience, and phone credit wiped out, and a loss of earnings in the region of 500 - 1000 (I'm a freelance designer, I had to turn down a planned project due to Sky's inability to stick to a timescale. I NEED the net at home to work!!), I have written a letter as per advice on these boards to Sky (which was also emailed to Mr Murdoch) and copied to Ofcom. I will definately be seeking generous compensation, I'm completely disgusted by all this.

I rang the other day to request a MAC code, though after reading more about how useless they turn out to be, I have rung today to call a cease rder. At least the girl I spoke to was lovely, and very helpful, as much as she could be. I am now told it could take 5-30 days to cease, though the average is 10. We shall see.

I shant go through the entire debacle, as it reflects precisely the majority of other people's stories on here. But I have called them (yes...0870...) at least 14 times since this began, and unfortunately I doubt that will be the end of it.

Wish me luck, I'll let you know when my cease comes through so that I can go to Zen...never in my young life have I had to deal with such a disasterous service, and staff who are unfortunately so in the dark about the necessary information, that they cannot do their jobs, try as might. I'm 23, and I feel like I'm getting worry lines and high blood pressure already, and only because I wanted broadband!!
      Last edited by JennyBlair; 28-10-06 at 04:26 PM.

fredrex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: highway
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

zen can use the mac code

If you want to you could get a mac code and zen will use it, although it took 10 days for the mac code to come to me. Should be on zen by next Friday. Been waiting since the 11th sept.

SHAMZ84 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: kenton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      wow, I'm so relived i'm not the only one in this FREEIKIN situatiuon, My activation data was supposed to be on the 3rd Oct, but amazingly on this date my telephone line got disconnected. it took bt 2 weeks to fix this, Bt blame Sky.l once fixed i could find out whats going on with the broadband, but this has been a nightmare.

This is a letter i had sent to sky

On the 3rd of October 2006 our broadband service was supposed to be activated; however there was a problem with the ADSL equipment which Sky broadband, had provided to the BT exchange. This problem took about 2 weeks to rectify. The delay in the rectifying the problem was that personal department at sky did not respond to the e-mail's sent by the BT staff. As there was a growing concern that Sky was not going to get back to BT, BT had now reconnected our telephone line without the faulty equipment provided by Sky.

Once the telephone line had been reconnected, it had been a nightmare trying to speak the technical help desk as they seem to be incompetent and are unable to listen and carry out a fast and proper service. This may be the fact as Sky is trying to save money and send these 0870 calls are out sourced abroad. Every time I have called Sky they have not recorded down the details, thus make they would just go round in circles and firstly not be able to understand the telephone number that I was giving them. It felt like that they were doing this on purpose as just trying to get my details in front of them would take them at least five minutes. Then every time I would phone I would have to do a phone line test for them to actually connect to Level two faults department.

However this has taken forever for someone on the other side to pick up the telephone. As I have been on hold for over an hour and have not spoken to any one. I have also many times requested a ring back, which I thought I would receive right away or at least within 48 hours! The annoying thing is that I do not need to run any of these test as I just need to speak to a person regarding to order an ADSL modem to be send to the BT exchange in Harrow/Kenton. But this has not been possible and I am unsure when this is going to happen.

Finally last night I was able to speak to some one on level two, whom where helpful. Stephno, and George. However they have told me since the 17th October the case has been investigated and then on the 20th some engineer had noted that the line was OK, which is entirely false and had delayed this process.

As from now I am emailing you this as you have two option's either ensure that the you will be able to connect our internet by Saturday 28th Oct which is 5 whole working day to ensure this problem is sorted, else our contract with Sky broadband will be terminated and I will no longer be wanting your service's. As you have not provided my house hold with any broadband service the contact has not commenced.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Parmar

i couldn't belive they did not even reply to the email untill thursay and on saturday i actually recived an call and email confiming the problem. I just wanted to double check that sky had posted a problem with BT, however BT Openreach and wholesale are crap that don't help any of the customers.

They say you ain't out customer ony yout ISP is so we can't speak to you.

ALL I WANTED TO KNOW IF SKY LAUCHED AND COMPLAINT WITH BT

DAM THESE COMPANIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

CAN'T HELP NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sicne then i've canceld all DD and tel sky do all the chasing around, As they have made me go round n round in circles.