Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Terrible speed every evening

This is a discussion on Terrible speed every evening within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; Originally Posted by Scubbie I appreciate that tier 1 has to go through the script in the 'Sky Answers' document, ...

Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Re: Terrible speed every evening

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I appreciate that tier 1 has to go through the script in the 'Sky Answers' document, but this is something that I believe tier 1 doesn't have the means to report, as it has been pointed out previously.

This issue is not something that either tier 1 or CST personnel can fix.

It is something that CST can report further up the chain of support though.

This is why, as in other similar threads, I've recommended the phone call to sky and to try to get through to CST.

I don't doubt it needs to go through. I'm just telling you they are not accepting calls from us, so anyone needing an issue escalating will currently only be offered a 72 hour callback. In the majority of cases they are not even getting those and are having to call again. And we STILL can't put them through.

I spent all my time at Sky NOT reading the script as I usually know what the issue is and how to resolve it, but now, we have to, as not doing may result in losing the job.

Sadly its resulting in a lot of understandably annoyed customers, and tier one gets the brunt of the anger, but its not something we can do anything about at the moment.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Re: Terrible speed every evening

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
      Sadly its resulting in a lot of understandably annoyed customers, and tier one gets the brunt of the anger, but its not something we can do anything about at the moment.
      I am aware that you have instructions from above dictating that you must follow the script. I am also aware from posts elsewhere on this forum that it can be a dismissable offence if you fail to go through the script. If you care to have read my post:

I would also be inclined to call in to Sky and report the issue. Do be aware that the first level of support needs to go through a script to ascertain where the fault is. Go through it and check that everything is fine. Before you call, plug your router into the test socket.

Try to be nice and persistent: You need to get through to the 2nd level and speak to someone in CST (Customer Solutions Team) to properly log the fault.
      This is why I mentioned what I did.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12