Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

extending cease date??

This is a discussion on extending cease date?? within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; I've read on another forum that you can extend your cease date by contacting your current ISP while migrating to ...

stupot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne
      Broadband ISP: Max with a cap on
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

extending cease date??

I've read on another forum that you can extend your cease date by contacting your current ISP while migrating to sky..anybody know any truth in this

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I very much doubt it thats the whole idea of MAC Codes is it means the losing ISP accepts you are off to a new one and the new ISP once the Code has been submitted to BT accepts you as a new customer, that then takes all ISP's out of the equation so unless you can get BT to change the date which I doubt you have had it.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

mmmmm

Don't understimate the power of the Zen

Well Ray rung Zen they said it was a bit close(3days) till my cease date but told me after they contacted BT while I was on the phone that the cease had been removed..

Have subsequently cancelled SkyBB but maybe return when some degree of normality returns after findng out my exchange was NOT Sky LLU enabled yet...

Also talked to MAC dept they told me it would only take 5 days to clear my line....didnt need a code...I shall see what happens...

Thanks for all the info here at this forum its been alot of help
      Last edited by stupot; 03-10-06 at 01:57 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just looked at my bt order tracking..and both todays (Sky) Provide and (Zen) Cease HAVE BEEN CANCELLED after a morning telephone call Zen...so looks like im free again ...WOW THATS WHAT I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE I guess thats why it costs a little more

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thats good news and I guess it proves me wrong at least one ISP can do it though in theory they shouldn't be able to, don't you just love Zen

I agree I liked my time with Zen so good luck and as I say to everyone just because you are not a SkyBB members doesn't mean you have to stop coming here all members are welcome regardless of ISP
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'll be watching things develop here with interest Ray..Thanks again

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      No Problem
      Ray

click here