Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Password debacle

This is a discussion on Password debacle within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; So I joined last week and I have been trying to log into Skybroadband web site ever since. The password ...

Sparc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Password debacle

So I joined last week and I have been trying to log into Skybroadband web site ever since. The password I was sent didn't work, so some guy reset it and told me it would be with me in a couple of days by mail. Well he was half right, I got the letter but it simply said

"Your password is now "

Nothing, nada, zilch! So now i have a reset password which I, nor anyone at sky can tell me what it is. When I asked if they could reset it once again they told me 'no' because the "system was down" and that in any case I wouldn't be able to use the email because it's not working and that they are having big problems with it.

So...what does one have to do to get a password reset? I tried the forgotten password link but that asks for the answer to a security question it a) never poses, and b) I've never provided an answer for to anyone for it to be set up.

Seems to be a bit of a mess in this respect at the moment. Also, I am only getting 4mb/s dl at the moment, but I don't know whether that's to do with my distance from the exchange or not (I am not wised up in these things). RG19 area.

Getting my password would be a great start though.

2. Advertisement
      quakermass is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I'm having the same trouble. I haven't been able to log onto my emails for over a week now and I've emailed sky but have yet to have a response.
      The password they sent me initially worked when I first got broadband delivered, so I changed it to something I could remember. 3 days later I can't log on. I ring sky numerous times over the next 3 days and they blame this on a technical fault. Then I ring again and they tell me that they've reset my password to the original one on the welcome letter they sent me.
      I tried again and still no joy. 2 days later I get another letter saying "we have reset your password too...." and they give me yet another new password.
      The new password still wont work.
      Everytime I ring sky they tell me there's a system fault but it appears that they are just fobbing customers off with any old excuse just to get them off the phone.
      Is anyone else out there having success with logging in?

Sparc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well the initial password I had didn't work either. Then the next one was blank and then today I phoned again. Got transferred FOUR times and all they could suggest was for them to reset it and send me ANOTHER letter (which I suspect will be blank too).

What made me laugh today though was was this:

Me: "On the forgotten your password page it asks for the answer to the security question so you can reset your password. However it doesn't tell you what the question is. What is it and how do I set up the response?"

Sky Rep: "Oh..um...that'll be your original password"

Me: "Eh? You mean, when someone forgets their password, they have to enter the forgotten password in the security question answer field???"

Sky Rep: "Err..your new password will be with you in two to three days"

Frankly, I don't think they even know what the skybroadband web site looks like or have any idea of what's going on.

Philip Trigg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Braunstone
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well I've never seen the sky broadband e-mail page yet so what makes anyone think they have seen it !
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 02-10-06 at 09:34 PM. Reason: removed quoted preceeding post ;-)